Advantages of decarbing rosin for carts v.s no decarb

Looking at making some rosin carts!

I have seen/heard of some labs that are decarbing their rosin for carts but recently I came across a lab that doesn’t decarb, they have a “secret” step that they mentioned they do before it goes into a cart but they dont decarb it.

It was very flavor full, no burning wic taste and the oil did not clog even towards the end of the cart.

Just curious if any of you have any ideas/advice on the advantages/dis-advantages of decarbing/not decarbing the rosin for carts?

• Thanks

I highly doubt they don’t decarb

I don’t see how you could use rosin in a cart without decarbing first. The THCa would crash out and clog the cart

5 Likes

They might not “decarb” separately in the traditional sense but the proof is in the COA. Just look at ratio of THCa to D9-THC.

There are a handful of ways to do it while sparing some THCa and flavor then recombining (mechanical separation). It’s never as complicated as people like to make it out to be.

6 Likes

Spin off the hte from the thca
Decarb thca
Reintroduce hte
Cart it up
Or
Decarb as a whole product then cart (low and slow decarb to preserve terps)

There got to be a dercarb step at some point

Or just throw some non decarb sugar (or straight hte) in a cart and just accept it’s not going to flow proper

2 Likes

Can you share a photograph of the cartridge in question?

4 Likes

ok thanks

I no longer have one in my possession but I gladly will reach out to the lab for a photo.

I thought the same thing but when I spoke with them they were very persistent in the fact that they dont decarb, they have different process. Im not sure if they were blowing smoke or if they have a new method that is efficient. Im going to work on building a relationship with the lab and hopefully theyll let me in on some info. Thanks for the comment!

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

THCa is a solid, so my money is on that they are being misleading

3 Likes

Can you spin rosin to separate? I was under the impression you had to use heat and pressure to separate out the THCa in rosin (solventless diamonds)

1 Like

Of course you can, as long as there is some thca that has crashed out you can spin off the terps.

5 Likes

As sk8 said they’re the same thing, just a different process to get the material.

I’d think that you’d get better yield off the fuge than repressing since when you repress some of the thca dissolves into the hte fraction during the press

1 Like

Coa, or decarb happened!

In order to legally sell that shit it needs a COA.

You don’t need a working relationship with the creators, you can simply ask to see the coa in your local dispensary.

What do you mean you always purchase without asking to see the coa? One of those trusting types huh?

8 Likes

They have COAs available that I can access. I got to check out their rosin carts when I toured their facility. Im guessing since it was the owners giving the tour they might have just been misinformed on their own rosin cart process because they dont have any hands on experience nor did they have a part in developing those procedures. They were just the money guys. I dont think its them being shady and trying to lie about their process, there would be no advantage to that strategy.

1 Like

Simpler = less of a chance to fuck up

Just gonna say that. My expertise is in rosin…I don’t even do the fancy shit for carts. Why you gonna buttfuck your yield and pretend it was worth it?

Mechanical separation is great and all - but where do you put that THCA? That’s right. Not back in the cart.

Do you want a cart that tastes pretty and isn’t close to profitable? Or a cart that tastes pretty (but one knotch down) but still fucks you up (oh and makes you money - because that’s why we do any of this). Easy as that.

This is coming from a guy who has a jar of isolated rosin terps next to his monitor who could do that tek in a few seconds right now. Buuuut I don’t.

But then again I’m a staunch advocate of “if it ain’t fuckin broke don’t fuckin fix it”

3 Likes

All I’m saying is that there IS a very simple way to answer the question…

2 Likes

Thanks

You coming back to share that “no-decarb” coa?

3 Likes

Not even a picture.

I’m a staunch advocate of “if ints in the cannabis industry it is probably an exaggeration”

2 Likes