Adding terps to badder

Think there’s really a consumers market for thca isolate? I figure it’d only be immoral if it was misrepresented

1 Like

I used the terpene fraction after mechanical separation, high terpene extract HTE. Mixing anything else with THCa is going to be highly disappointing.

2 Likes

Hmmm okay. HTE extraction pretty much SOP with %100 propane?

How did you come to that conclusion?

2 Likes

Complete guess. From my limited understanding, propane extracts a lower percentage of cannabinoids and a higher percentage of terpenes

It does pull more terps and less cannabinoids. But just about any hydrocarbon solvent we use will make hte if the input bio has the terpenes to begin with. Fire in fire out

HTE = high terpene extract

So any extract could fall into that field as long as it has a lot of terps.

The industry generally refers to hte as the terpene fraction of the high terpene extract. Especially when in reference to cartridges.

3 Likes

Thats how I do it. Keep it a little wet, after recovery pour a small terp jar and after purging/whipping reintroduce the terps to the badder and do a good final whip :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Is a “terps jar” just regular extraction material, poured into a jar and capped?

1 Like

yeah exactly

I really think you should spend some time reading here.

2 Likes

Agreed, working on it

2 Likes

Yeah agreed don’t flood the market with this bullshit

2 Likes

Okay I may get crucified for this, and perhaps this should be turned into a separate topic, but what’s the huge moral dilemma with adding non-homogenous terps? Assuming it’s clean, tested, and priced in a way that reflects the lesser amount of expertise that went into it

Tastes like perfume and doesn’t have the same effect as canna derived hte. Perfume terps are 2016

2 Likes

Homogeneity is next to uniformity, and you know how customers crave uniformity.

1 Like

I see. Around that time, I managed to find some of The Clear, banana flavored. Shit was delicious, tasted clean , and didn’t leave residue on the nail. Perhaps it was more of a novelty to be than anything else, but I was satisfied

Yeah, but it was In fact homogeneous…

1 Like

I may be using the wrong word it, but by homogeneity I mean only adding terpenes from the same plant that the cannabinoids were derived. Ik damn well they didn’t blast bananas

Continuity?

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t find the work you’re after either.

Heterologous was my first attempt, but that doesn’t work.

The industry has come up with “cannabis derived”, “hemp derived”, and “botanical”, which imo could all mean exactly the same thing in some cases. Then there’s “synthetic”, but few admit to that.

Edit: endogenous vs exogenous

1 Like