Adding prerolls to my catalog

I was thinking to add prerolls to my catalog and I was wondering if people had suggestions on equipment like grinders and “shaker” machines.

Best solution i’ve come up with to grinding for prerolls is to pull stems then toss in a glass carafe blender

2 Likes

Machine trim!

One of my big clients uses it all for prerolls

1 Like

What kind of volume?

From my 3.5-4lb haul I’m getting 1.5+# trim. From my big guys, it’s like 6#+ trim.

They have 6 minions who do the prerolls

Anything worthwhile other than a futurola?

Smokecones?

Subwoofer and a wood board with holes drilled in to fit cones?

I looked at videos of the machines, but the question I had about them is how well they pack the preroll. Vibration will make the material slide down into the tube, but I don’t see it being packed as well as the prerolls I make by hand. I have the Raw loader kit and the Cone Artist, and the latter is the perfect size to really pack a firm preroll.

If anyone is making them by hand on a small scale like me, the best tip I could offer is to rub the buds on a screen and then use the material that falls through. I started out with a regular grinder, but when I tried to pack them, sharp little pieces of stem pierce the paper.

3 Likes

the futurola is only worthwhile with the addition of 100 chopsticks. Otherwise your prerolls come out loose half the time

4 Likes

This is the setup I would recommend for someone who is starting in pre-rolls but wants a setup that will be able to do at least 10,000-20,000 pre-rolls per month with the ability to scale up to higher volumes.

https://customconesusa.com/pre-roll-starter-kit-king-kone-grinder-and-100-store-credit/

This includes the King Kone filling machine - this is a machine similar to the knockbox but it only costs $1,400 ($1,800 if you want the stainless steel version). You can find a video on the King Kone below:

We actually just launched a new metal version of the King Kone that is better than the original King Kone. It is the manufacturers version. Metal King Kone Pre-Rolled Cone Filling Machine | Custom Cones USA

Then it includes our Industrial Cannabis grinder. This is a top quality grinder which grinds the cannabis through a screen in order to produce a consistent grind. People who are in the pre-roll game know that the grind and sift is the most important part of the pre-roll production process.

Video: Industrial Cannabis Grinder | Custom Cones USA - YouTube

Last you have the option to include a sifter. This is really good to again ensure that you have a consistent particle size in your grind and that you also remove any stems, leaves, hard calyxes or anything of that sort.

The best part of this bundle is that all together it costs less than $5,000 even including the sifter. Which is around the cost of 1 knockbox.

If you want to scale up this setup all you need to do is add additional King Kones which only cost around $1,800 for the metal version and $1,400 for the plastic version.

Let me know if you have any questions!

In what world is a meat grinder with a custom machined blade shaft worth 2500 dollars?

11 Likes

In the weed world lol, gotta add that green tax!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Marijuana pre roller cone filling vibrating sealing packing machine - YouTube our preroll machine

we have automatic our preroll machine, my oleasure to show you video

We can make them as low as $.30 each let me know if you want info

Hi, I know this is an older thread but we were looking at this grinder for our pre-roll production. It seems like this grinder should produce a better grind than futurola’s shredder style machine.

However, finding their sifter on Amazon for like <$200 makes me think this grinder can probably be found cheaper too.

If this seems like a ripoff, do you have a better alternative? Thanks for any help!

The whip grinders seem to be better. If you wanted to replicate this, it appears you’d just need to machine a replacement shaft

By whip grinder do you mean the shredder type (weedwacker and a screen)?

Yep, the futurola one

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve heard mixed things about those and the high tech shredder. Do you still have to screen after using that style? I would think you’d need to.