Adding prerolls to my catalog

You need to sieve it regardless of your grinder. The whips are what you should scale up with.

Use a ninja food processor until you scale over like 5k pcs a week.

4 Likes

Wow, surprised to hear a food processor as a recommendation! I was reading other threads and people were saying the grind size is inconsistent and too fine.

Nope. If you use the chop/pulse function, to start, then leave it on the high setting to finish it off for a while.

I find abt 40 seconds to 1 min 30 seconds is the sweet range in the standard sized ninja processor.

I consult/advise a few facilities that use those.

Once you scale past 5k to 10k pcs you wanna use a whip/weed wacker blender to process full lbs, or more, at a time.

Neither method screens out the stems that poke holes in your papers.

Stems are your enemy. You need to develop a good stem removal SOP.

I have a client averaging over 1,000,000 pcs of prerolls MONTHLY, through all their SKU’s combined lol.

Can help with infused prerolls (distillate, shatter, rosin, ice water hash, thca, etc), hemp wrap prerolls, blunt prerolls, etc…

Processes are generally the same for them all, just slightly varied for the paper/infusion material.

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Well thank you for the information, if I can’t get this moving at a reasonable production rate I might be reaching out for a consult!

One of the products the company I work with came up with. Most cost efficient one I have seen yet.

1 Like

You can easily build a stem/seed sorter with an enclosure and a shop-vac. That’s what we did and it works phenomenally.

I would also suggest looking into a proper cutting mill that allows you to control particle size of the ground flower much more closely. We’ve found that blending two different particle sizes of ground flower together provided a much better packing and overall preroll, including how it smoked.

We have a Fritsch mill and it works great. With only one person doing the milling, we can blow through several hundred pounds a day or more no problem. I’m sure people have success with a blender, and we’ve tried blenders, shredders, “cannabis grinders” like the STM canna revolution which turned out to just break all the time and seemed to be poorly made and settled on a proper cutting mill and it’s made a night and day difference in our throughput and consistency of material. Obviously this is merely anecdotal and YMMV but that’s my 2 cents.

5 Likes

STM Revolution 2.0 Cannabis Grinder has worked the best for me and this is my fourth grinder in three years. Stay away from the Futurola Shedder Wacker if you want to make prerolls that actually smoke properly and don’t canoe. Wasn’t thrilled with the mil grind style (Santa cruz shredder/ sensi grinder etc.) due to the hash build up and difficulty to clean.
The STM grinder was a little more than I wanted to spend but when I saw that it uses two-blades to slice cut the flower like using really fast scissors. I found this has helped with a lot less trichrome loss for a more premium product. It also allows me to choose a coarse or a fine particle size. It is a little to tall for my some of my staff to put the nugs in the hopper but pretty much plugin ready when we got it.
Perfect for prerolls or blunts mostly because of the trichrome preservation compared to all other options on the market. Particle size consistency, is defo important for perfectly packed joints or high-yield extraction. I wish i would have found this grinder first! Oh well and hopes this helps someone.

2 Likes

For sorting stems and seeds out of ground material there are two basic methods. Using a shop vac creates air separation that works on the basis of weight. Alternatively, gravity separation works on the basis of density. Look at seed cleaning machines and mining equipment for examples. Get a 1’x2’ Rubbermaid box, throw some ground biomass in one end, and then play with bouncing it up and down while the box is angled. You will quickly learn to gravity separate by hand. This can also change your grinding method into a better one where you don’t grind up bits of stem.

Or, you could go with a reliable mill like the KannaMill :slight_smile:

KannaMill website

I couldn’t find the exact machine outside of a dry masala grinder in India using google lens but the site was a pos, meat grinders have a different ejection method, think this may be a standard grinder motor with a custom attachment

Msg me

We got a rollpros blackbird, its regularly pumping out 700-1000 rolls not cones per hour with 1 guy running it, 2 is optimal.
It was expensive, but the man hours saved using those pathetic cone filling machines, plus the fact that these smoke better than a cone, make this the preferred choice in my opinion.

This grinder is better than our STM revolution for pre rolls, but the stm will work…

1 Like