Activated Mints?

Hello! Does anyone know of an efficient way of turning my bho slab into hard or soft mints? I’d like to go with an “Altoid” texture/taste but it would be amazing if anyone could help me come up with a method that also is efficiently portioned. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I just got done perfecting my cough drops. I’m going to test some stuff out and see what I can do with mints.

Interested to hear what others have done. I’ll report back after I get a few trial recipes made

2 Likes

i do!

you seek out a food scientist (phd) to help you formulate the complex matrix you are asking for, and pay them a shit ton of money. a tablet is way different than a gel cap. it requires actual formulation. you need to bind or encapsulate your molecule, determine excipients, flavor testing, chemical compatibility, and a MILLION other things.

unless you are going to get a consultant and a ton of equipment (you know how much tablet presses cost?) its going to be way easier to just fill a gel cap with some oil. you want an actual mint, get your checkbook and get serious about it

People do tend to make things a lot more difficult than they need to be. I’m sure hiring it out will be quicker, but mint making in itself isn’t that difficult and I can already think of a couple easy and reliable ways that a patient could do this for themselves at home. Definitely no PhD required for this task as long as you have raw distillate, an Amazon account and some patience.

3 Likes

exactly there are tons of recipes. My sister has made altoids at home, and she is definitely not a phd or a food scientist at all

2 Likes

I know a couple guys (neither had a degree, no offense @YeahBet) that put together a water soluble CBD formulation in a couple months. Had a slight bitter taste, 20% CBD by weight. It didn’t taste like anything when in water, so I would think adding mint essential oils to this formula would get you pretty close.

5 Likes

you know what they say about those who claim something can be done easily, yet havent themselves.

we use a tablet press to make our mints out of isolate or distillate. a binding agent (staeric acid) I believe is used, and we spray the mixture in small mixing bowl before pressing. @Clears

4 Likes

You might be able to glean some useful information from this re: formulation. Not cannabinoid tablet/candy formulation discussed but possibly still useful

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Shailaja_Pashikanti/publication/326682849_Formulation_and_Evaluation_of_Domperidone_Candy_Lozenges/links/5c5968aba6fdccd6b5e3c5f4/Formulation-and-Evaluation-of-Domperidone-Candy-Lozenges.pdf?origin=publication_detail

3 Likes

You can always create a winterized alcohol tincture and then dose already made mints

The problem with that is uneven dosing

I think bho mixed into maltodexterin, powder sugar, flavor, and water?. Not sure of proportions, makes a dough like for altiods.

1 Like

Make butter mints. Make you butter than follow the butter mint recipe. Works wonders.

1 Like

@YeahBet
Where there is a will there is a way
I have been making tablets with cannabinoids for years
Natural ,HU , or JWH
For reasearch purpose :grinning:
And it s not that hard at all
I use this brand for smaller batches
Singel punch press $ 9000
Powder mixer. $2000
And their ready mixed base powder for oil substances
Adding a flavor or color is not hard either you can do test with a tablet hand press until satisfied with the result then scale up

11 Likes

You could use distillate since its already activated.

2 Likes

Nice press rogue! I’m not a fan of swallowing pills myself but they’re great for some ppl. I think medicated gel tabs would be a hit, play on the acid nostalgia with the packaging

2 Likes

Really cool. Thank you for showing your tab press.

This is the way

4 Likes

Word of warning: My buddy bought a tablet press and had the DEA show up with the delivery truck.

5 Likes

I believe that is SOP for buying tablet presses

3 Likes