Activated Mints?

Thankfully he wasn’t into anything illegal

I’ve had amazon accounts shut down for trying to buy things like that but that sucks for your buddy. Glad he was in the clear.

1 Like

I saw a couple mint recipes on YouTube and Google, but the hard type mint required you to kneed the extract and or food coloring into the dough. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with trying it at home, not looking for a mint scientist lol

Have you done this?

Appreciate it brother but sadly I do not speak attorney

Hello! Any updates? And please spill the beans on that cough drop recipe😍

Currently in the process of trying cyclodextrin to powder the distillate. Did one trial with malto and although I got a shelf stable mint, it tasted like malto and had a consistency change after being in the mouth a couple seconds.

Cyclo is working good so far, just need to adjust doses. I think cyclo will be in my end mint though if I had to guess. I still have 2 more ideas to try

2 Likes

Interesting. I live down south so any option of using distillate is out of the picture. All we get are the 6k ambers. Any creative edible ideas that infuse well with slab?

chocolate is the easiest. Decarb wax, heat until runny, mix with hersheys if small scale and pour into molds

1 Like

Interesting, is it possible that the cyclo may be slightly masking the flavor of the malto? I think cyclo is used in febreeze.

Maybe try adding a polyol to enhance the sweetness?

I know that this is a few months old but I’ve got to start somewhere. I’m a noob here but author an extensive edibles thread on another forum. This is amateurish but can be scaled up easily.

I make butter mints quite easily in my kitchen and the dosing is consistent. Because of the butter you would want to use a preservative for a longer shelf life, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Shatter/Dragon Infused Buttermints

1 Like