Acetone crystallization of THC-A

Using method 2 took 2-3 weeks

7 Likes

Why would they send paste?
Transported in non polar solvents? Why not the hcl salt?

Paste is registered as a solvent by scaners and paste has no smell the dogs are trained for
All in all a easier product to smuggel
The invesment ia also lower so is the risk for the smugler when lost
And nowadays most salt gets cut in country of origin purity is far fetched
Refining paste with quality chemicals give better product

2 Likes

If dissolving BHO Shatter into Acetone. Should one be dissolving it near the boiling point of acetone?
Once it is dissolved, it must be rotovaped to remove most of the acetone before putting in the jar?

Has anyone just allow acetone solution to sit out and purge at room temp?

1 Like

nice! acetone and BHO?

Yeah some bho I bought that was too gross for me to smoke, i just mixed with a little bit of room temp acetone and then warmed up beaker in hot water for 20-30 minutes until it was syrupy then left alone at room temp that picture was 2-3 weeks in.

Hey just a heads up for anyone trying this using hardware store acetone, I’ve distilled hardware store acetone (home depot) using a fractional still and found there is a weird cloudy higher viscocity liquid left behind in the boiling flask. I’m not sure what that stuff was, but it’s probably not something easily vac oven-ed out.

8 Likes

yah, best to order lab grade acetone. Hardware store stuff works well for cleaning glassware and heard it’s great for washing street drugs, but not good for practical chemistry.

4 Likes

I used klean strip acetone from the hardware store and noticed the same cloudy white liquid in it, so hopefully nobody is smoking these.

3 Likes

See what we can do call 4422241114

Did u cover it with a lid after ur water bath?

Did u fig out?

no lid just open, maybe something like ptfe over the top will keep dust out and let solvent escape but it needs to offgas readily.

ok, i thought maybe periodic burping will work better?

1 Like

Some newer samples

4 Likes

Thanks buddy always wondered what that was

Coffee filter in the jar ring.

1 Like

For what its worth I’ve had some batches of acetone produced THCA tested at a state lab and they came back below the limit of detection/not detected after fairly basic solvent purging technique in a vacuum oven.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I recrystallized the diamonds from the picture in my above post and I got very fast growth with 2 different kinds of formations

5 Likes