A video on how hemp is sprayed with distill. Any thoughts?

D8 sprayed hemp is more likely than d9 sprayed hemp.

Maybe d9o but semi synthetics are the majority of sprayed products. You can take that to the bank.

Fascinating to hear about the Golden triangle @roguelab

2 Likes

Why would they spray 8 instead of 9?

1 Like

Price? “Legality”

Cheaper and implied less risk.

2 Likes

…and acetates (d8 thc-o, d9 thc-o) should not be combusted.

4 Likes

We are probably using deferent meanings for “synthetic”.

THCp can be had from the plant. with some genetic tinkering (traditional tools will work) it can probably had as the predominant cannabinoid.

Yet I would wager ALL of the THCp on the market was made via synthesis in a lab. Given my training, that makes it “synthetic”, which only carries prejudice because I don’t trust the folks doing the synthesis or cleanup.

5 Likes

It’s definitely not made from hemp lol.

Olivetol soups ring a bell? WNC THCP? How real could this be? - #57 by iontrap

Where is the record of thcp being grown? @cyclopath much like the record of thcv that isn’t synthesized from cbdv. It’s the thing of legends and more tales to make sales.

3 Likes

Good read on link.
Isn’t THCP in both hemp and cannabis in trace amounts?
It’s getting crazy with what they are selling to uneducated consumers. Bad Business and a health hazards. Gross.

It’s synthesized from Olivetol, Lemon Flavoring, Solvent in reactors. Olivetol is from Lichens (tree moss looking stuff) and bug guts. The idea of trace amounts I find to be bullshit. Much like THCv flower. I reckon bad testing has more to show than anything.

The SOP is on erowid for thcp and b

So your saying that there is no thcP in plants? It is all synthetic?

2 Likes

I strongly believe that to be the case. Lichens make olivetol however so that can be making semi synthetic thcp. Olivetol has one natural supply from plants.

2 Likes

The natural compound was isolated and fully characterized and its stereochemical configuration was assigned by match with the same compound obtained by a stereoselective synthesis. This new phytocannabinoid has been called (-)-trans -Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Δ9-THCP).

This is the only source I’ve found of THCp being a natural occurrence in cannabis sativa.

Full link - A novel phytocannabinoid isolated from Cannabis sativa L. with an in vivo cannabimimetic activity higher than Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol: Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabiphorol | Scientific Reports

1 Like

I think we will find much of what we read in published settings to be questionable if not repeated/proven.

Fake studies. Doctored reports. ChatGPT. A rise in questioning the very things we hold value in, like scientific research… Are up for serious re debate.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s so confusing. You don’t know what is research or hearsay.
I just stinks that consumers can and are ingesting and smoking harmful synths and additives. Even synthetic terps freak me out.

2 Likes

Hold your breath, because the farm bill has had 5 years to watch everyone make new loop holes. This year we see how much they stay.

Wait you mean the internet CAN LIE to me? What do you mean… google told me my searches are trusted and secure…

It’s precisely why i fact check everything now, you could tell me the sky is blue, i infact know it to be blue, I’d still check anyways cause i can’t trust anything on a screen anymore.

3 Likes

Truth

1 Like

Can’t make THCp with olivetol, you need spheropherol. You can also get olivetol from hemp no problem, you can degrade CBD to olivetol in surprisingly high yield. But I think it doesn’t make sense to do that because any cannabinoid you can synthesize from olivetol you can make in higher yield from CBD. Maybe you can make “hemp derived” (in huge air quotes) THCp or other longer chain analogues by synthesizing the substituted olivetol you need and then condensing it with a terpene you got from hemp.

6 Likes

I don’t know about the rest of the stuff out there, but I had a fucking crazy plant. A Jack Herer x Black Domina called black jack that had 0.5-1% THCv in it over and over and over again. Which meant when we extracted that trim there would be all this THCv in there. I suppose it made it for a better high -shrug-

So I know it can happen, but dang, only that one plant I seen. And I had never grown it before or since.

7 Likes

I probably have Thcb mixed up. The sops I don’t practice.

I think the issue is olivetol was readily available before hemp CBD was and will remain heavily stocked and imported.

I’d go back to hunting it down if you can. Seeing as how nobody else seems to have it proven. Including the big thcv sellers (open book) who bought out a name brand thcv strain (Doug’s varin) that got caught having d8thcv in Cali rec/medical markets. The market is cornered and synthetic. Wild how an east coast Chad brand bought and made Doug’s Varin disappear entirely.

Where’s the thcv strains? Cbdv is even gobbled up before it has a chance. Wonder why.

I believe it to be possible, but knowing how the market has lied and been synthesizing it for years has me to believe it’s cbdv only.

Release the thcv seeds / clones bro. I got 5 on it.

We’ve got thcv in test results too, that doesn’t mean I firmly believe it’s from plant and not extraction process.

Hell, I’ve seen huge thcv peaks. That doesn’t make me a believer.

I wanna see the fuckin plant. Sooo bad!

3 Likes