A Case for the Legalization and Use of Drugs

This place is the Internet, a reflection of society, which is mostly under the propaganda thumb of the state.

3 Likes

People here seem to be in quite the political tizzy lately. Basic highly important questions like “what’s the future of federal legalization in 2021” can’t get answered and just immediately descend into off topic political flame wars

2 Likes

Maybe if someone starts a fourth thread asking the same question, people can have conversations like adults. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I hope it stays out of federal hands and remains state to state for better or worse. The last thing we need is the idiots in the United States government getting their dirty fingers into cannabis regulation. There’s nothing the US gov can’t fuck up.

7 Likes

Interstate commerce is largely a federally regulated thing, correct? Seems like that is something the industry still needs.

2 Likes

I am ok bargaining with keeping everything within state lines to make sure their dirty paws stay out of everything

2 Likes

I’d like a minimum set of federal standards with allowances for states to add additional criteria. I don’t see mold testing making into a federal standard, but I doubt Colorado consumers want myco/aflatoxin restrictions rolled back

1 Like

By here, I assume you mean the Internet in general. Not sure if you’ve been to literally any other social media site in the last 6 months, it’s all the same

1 Like

Yes, but by nature of the forum topic, i assumed you wouldn’t find many defenders of prohibition here.

2 Likes

If this dude tought you that, I suggest you find another professional bullshit spewer. Because that is a bunch of bullshit right there.

4 Likes

If you really want to understand how little we understand about opioid overdose and how throughly we’ve researched it, as well as how long overdoses have actually been a problem.

I highly suggest seeking out a copy of the Consumers Union Report on Licit and Illicit Drugs

https://images.app.goo.gl/gZM9nHsEUi7PVRFdA

I’m sure a pdf is out there.

1 Like

This guy has more than 100 papers published on drugs, drug interactions, drug mechanisms. He is widely regarded as not being a

4 Likes

If he is teaching “you dont die of ETOH poisoning” … that is total bullshit…
Have you heard him teach this?

1 Like

I should have clarified context a little better and I just reread my post and it does sounds pretty stupid.

You can absolutely overdose from alcohol poisoning and die.

What I was referring to is how long term heavy use alcoholics can die from withdrawals if they suddenly stop and it’s sometimes mistaken as an overdose death.

5 Likes

Nope. Can’t find any reference to it either.

1 Like

You have no idea… How that is true… its a fucking crazy disease

4 Likes

Mistaken as an alcohol OD?

Or they stopped drinking alcohol after heavy use, switched to an opiod or something else, died, and it was labeled an OD of the something else rather than what it really was, death by lack of alcohol?

1 Like

Let me try and dig up the reference or see if I can find the podcast I heard it in.
It’s been years I may be off in some way with it. But I do feel like I read more into after hearing it so I should be able to find a paper or something.

1 Like

I used to have a very KUSHy side job…lol… it was in a very rich private hospital…basically in a Resort hospital for plastic surgery… we kept a small bottle of vodka in the med cabinet…just for those folks…sad.

I could make your head spin, if I told you my experiences from the community hospital…

I think my wife still holds the record…on the amt of ativan given in one hour (120mg) and it was a dripp…meaning this dude was getting 120mg per hour for DAYS…in one days time that amt would kill all members on this forum

And he never stopped fighting the 4 point restraints…

2 Likes

took me like a year to get off a daily benzo habit when I was in my early 20s, BHO was my biggest salvation. GABAergic shit is the devil, gotta be super respectful of it

6 Likes