60 Page Testing Compendium from SCIEX

For the avid readers on precision testing with MS. I wanted to data dump this Cannabis & Hemp Testing Compendium packed with APP Notes on

1. Potency Testing - LC-UV-MS/MS
  2. Testing for Pesticides, Aflatoxins, Terpenes, and High Linear
    Dynamic Range Potency from One Extract Using One Column and One Solvent System
  3. Analysis of the Canadian Cannabis Pesticides List Using Both ESI and APCI Techniques
  4. Chemovar Typing of Cannabis Strains with MarkerView® and SCIEX X500R QTOF System
  5. Achieving the California Pesticide Regulations in Cannabis Using Optimized APCI and ESI Techniques
  6. Analysis of Vitamin E and Vitamin E Acetate in Vape Oils

MS is damn expensive, uploading for those looking to better interpret the lab tests you receiving.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jyghsXhF0mY1BFJisNdS7bCVhygr-gqk/view?usp=sharing

7 Likes

Phenomenex is also a very decent brand for columns - GC/HPLC/SPE.

Considering I have their Complete Cannabis Testing Guide - thought I would share it here:

Get Started… pp. 4-5
Potency … pp. 6-8
Mycotoxins … p. 8
Pesticides … pp. 10-11
Purifcations/Extractions … pp. 13-14
Terpenes … p. 15
Residual Solvents … p. 16

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Jt-ntODY7qJSyAyuEBuCwezaESN6ott/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Highly recommend phenomenex HPLC columns.

2 Likes

My ab sciex 5500 is a beast!!! I drool over the new 6500+ though I’ll pick one up someday

You have a 5500? Damn now I’m really jealous. I bid on one last week but it went for 100k over my max. Next year maybe

3 Likes

My analytical facility is pretty stacked; I’ve had the 5500 for almost 7 years now; bought it brand new; had it before I even got into the cannabis industry; it was originally purchased to do consumer water testing; but that business fizzled out and was poorly executed; it was my first attempt at building a company though, opened it up when I was 20

The 5500 is a solid piece of kit; its by far the most accurate and sensitive instrument I own. Sciex has been nothing but a pleasure to work with aswell; probably some of the best customer service I’ve seen in any industry

5 Likes

@RockSteady Yes, only heard good thing regarding SCIEX, do you have an ICP in your killer lab too?

2 Likes

Yes I have an aligent 7700, it has a few issues though; it runs decently well on the rare occasion it wants too! X)

1 Like

@RockSteady Is the ICP hooked up to a MS?

1 Like

Yes sir, its an ICP-MS

1 Like

Awesome, yes just saw online it is an ICP-MS. You Sir have a banging lab :test_tube: :muscle:

2 Likes

Much appreciated it’s been a labor of love for a few years now; working on getting accredited in OR, we are close; on the final site audit which should happen late March!

2 Likes

Awesome, would the accreditation extend to ISO/IEC 17025?

1 Like

Already have ISO accreditations, working towards OLCC and ORELAP; which has been suuuupppppeer slow going; like many many months between audits; which is good for getting things in spec; but bad for opening up for true compliance testing. Currently we just do R&D testing, and internal QC for my extraction facility

1 Like

Hoping you will bag your accreditation soon :pray: based on your setup I am sure you will lock it in :+1:

1 Like