5lb icarus bvv advice

Why not with a slurry? Heat transfer is better and you can drain it out and reuse it during recovery on your solvent tank.

2 Likes

yeah a slurry is better bc u can drainā€¦some ppl have issues w flurries in jaxket

I dont use the jacket inked dead summer or I need the finest Terpsā€¦thinnest at that

What issues?

1 Like

like needing to keep adding dry ice bc the liquid warms upā€¦they bubble it over making a mess

User/operator error

2 Likes

yeah well I fell prey to that user error

every time I use open jacket and liquid I have hard time putting the right amount liquidmā€¦needs.to be like 1/2 way full bc dry will.keep it bubbled up

unless u wait till u have about 30lbs dry ice dissolved into 3gal denatured alcohol.

then itll stay cold and usually wont react to the dry ice bc itā€™s that cold already

1 Like

I have on my solvent tank and my coils for that matter lol

It happens.

1 Like

what you mean bubble it over the lidā€¦usually that doesnt spill iutā€¦ but few times Iā€™ve overflowed the cooler also

My solvent tank is in a garbage can with slurry. It overflowed out of the garbage can lol

1 Like

does the slurry help? it seems to just make the ice sublimate excessively. Im new and dont hae guages to measure the inlet and outlet of the coil with rice dry ice vs a slurry. You guys mustve done that though>

Whatā€™s wrong with 6ā€ material columns?

2 Likes

nothing

I just said if ur gonna prefreeze on dry ice by time u load that massive column and as wide as it is your not gonna hold that frozen temp from the prefreeze. itll still be frozen just ull warm up faster bc wider

I noticed just going from 2 to 3inchā€¦
in summer months a jacket required,ā€¦the smaller the faster u can go to

I just suggest using jackets if using 6" and trying to maintain that cold temp

2 Likes

6ā€ columns donā€™t warm that much faster. I pull mine out at -80c from the dry ice and are completely frosted before injection 5 min later. Iā€™ve noticed no difference between 3 and 6ā€

I run 6ā€ and theyā€™re fully jacketed for recovery.

It all depends how fast you can work. I turn into a huge dick in that 5 min when the help is dragging ass and puttering aroundā€¦ ā€œmove your ass, our time is limitedā€

8 Likes

cracks whip

3 Likes

yeah that what I was meaning about go fast

in the south though summer months no ac you better be really fast or ull get the clear swirls in it.

itā€™s very lil fats not enough to notice or bother getting out imo

I never run a 6"

i just noticed going from 2" to 3" . 2" i could be slow take my time. I went 3" crc during summer and pulled the first fats I had ever seen in my life

so I figured the wider the harder itd be to keep -70f. but back then I did not have nitro and ability to push-70f solvent to begin w

1 Like

Do a magnet test to be sure 304 and 316 should not be magnetized

1 Like