5lb closed loop (Maine)

I don’t sell anything. I make shatter for my own personal medical use.

Trust me as much as I could partner with someone and I’m not doing too well with cash as is and I think about it a lot to start a tolling and get some stuff out in bulk charge a rate.

I have too much anxiety and I mentally and physically do not have it in me to be slanging shatter. I would be shaking like a leaf meeting someone new.

I got an mri for my head yesterday and I had to go semi deadweight to stop shaking… Even when I go back on anxiety medication, the only way I’d do the whole extraction for a living is if I had a job at an actual facility on a wook payroll.

:octopus: OH look espresso waters :octopus:

2 Likes

What part of the state do you run this cls in @Cannagrower207?

1 Like

I’ll see a lot of y’all run refrigerant recovery tanks, why not refrigerant recovery pumps? Or something of the like

1 Like

Just north of skowhegan.

3 Likes

O dam that’s up there

3 Likes

Also Have about 150# left of dryice if anyone close by wants it.

Dude I love that area…Jackman is one of my favorite places i’ve ever been.

3 Likes

Spent many summers on Moosehead lake. Beautiful area.

2 Likes

We’d go up there and shoot guns on mushrooms! Got a big ol` divot in my forhead from it!

3 Likes

Now the dots are connecting…

3 Likes

This is definitely a cautionary tail.

Wish I was around to try and assist hombre. Sorry the juice wasn’t the squeeze. I think everyone should experience having it “work” so to speak.

1 Like

He dosent even need help running the machine. He needed help with his build and allocating his money wisely. He’s got a large loop and undersized ansillary.

1 Like

Well, exactly. He also has some parameter issues.

Wish I saw this earlier. If u got any ice tomorrow lmk I’m right near u

I almost think newbs should start passive and then add bells and whistles as necessary…

6 Likes

Not that I am any sort of expert but I am self taught and completely get the trials and tribulations of learning by making mistakes. I run a small 1lb mini Icarus… it has a separate dewaxing column from BVV (at the time I didn’t know enough to know how overpriced they were) In the beginning I had huge trouble getting a good flow through my end filter (5 micron) … I switched to a 25 micron, that is probably not the advice/suggestions I would have gotten here but the end product was still very presentable due to the dewaxing column. What that did was allow me to run the machine enough to understand how things worked.

I now have a 1 micron end filter and no difficulties with flow. I have somewhat outgrown the 1lb’er but it will due. I am fortunate I was thinking small because with the learning curve I went through I would have spent a lot of money… I would hate to think what a 5lb’er would have cost me to learn.

After about 50 runs I added a CRC and the learning curve begin again. What did I learn… I learned that my patients don’t give two shits about clear color… in fact most like an end product that has some color and as long as it tests out at the right potency they would actually prefer no CRC… give them what they want.

Recently I started having some flow issues again but with the lessons learned over the last couple of years I was able to pinpoint it very quickly… something so simple as making sure the line from machine to collection vessel was 100% cleaned every run (doesn’t pay to cut corners.

I have been around more than a few decades and still have a passion for learning new things, I also believe firmly in that thing Tom Petty said:
… Well, I don’t know but I’ve been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

I started small because I wasn’t trying to make money… I wanted to learn. I have developed a passion for this stuff because of that.

maybe that is a really good idea

3 Likes

This quote might be relevant

5 Likes

If the heater is an issue, get a different heater…
@Saucyslabz showed me a baller ass water heater for like 150 on scamazon, another couple hundred in a pump a cooler and some high-temp hose from the farmers co-op, and it was running smoothly.
Don’t maybe give up, and if you do, drop the asking price by about 7k, because that’s not close to a 10k system.

Can’t you just use your home water heater? Get some lines into your work space and shark bite that hoe

9 Likes

With all due respect.

This has got to be the dumbest most kamikaze advice I’ve heard given on this form.

You never ever burn your bridges behind you. I think most people with life experience that goes beyond “hey dude let’s go get high” would tell you that on a scale to 1 to 10 this advice is 1000 stupid… So far off the charts that it’s pointless to try to argue otherwise.

4 Likes