55 gal drum in a Subaru Forester

I have seen many things strapped to the roof of a Subaru. Maybe it would be possible to use a lift on both ends to transport. I really don’t miss driving up bumpy mountain roads with a sprinter packed full of master cases

1 Like

If there were a solvent applicable carrying forester I’m sure @Future would own it for personal reasons of course. C1d2.forester project/campaign?

Could probably run circles around (SD)

1 Like

If u can, bring a manual barrel pump and transfer to smaller containers.

2 Likes

Just so you know a factory sealed plastic chemical drum is made to fall off trucks at 75mph without rupturing. One of the other tests is where they toss it off a two story balcony.

Now in case there’s a leak it’s a really bad idea. But the fact is I’ve seen people accidentally drop drums off my lifted truck while loaded and there wasn’t even a dent.

7 Likes

Rent a Dodge/Chrysler minivan. The seats fold flat and it’s cheap and very low key.

3 Likes

:joy: have you worked in delivery before?
Those fuckers are an invisible gold on wheels

1 Like

Please don’t do it in your Forester. Just don’t. But if anybody does such a thing despite good advice to the contrary, leave a camera running at all times.

3 Likes

If it was an outback this would be a whole different story. The forester is much too small. Outback gang

2 Likes

In all seriousness a Subaru brat w/ electric lift gate would be the move ridin in glory :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

the forester will tow 1500lb?
you got a hitch?

at least the guy that rear ends you get to see the hazard symbol on the barrel :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Or something like this to set the barrel in, a steel basket that attaches to the tow hitch

1 Like

lmfao dream on.
Pushers aint worried about no alcohol or hydrocarbons

they moving so much else naw mean

It’s so rare to find a legit mover who doesn’t move other seedy products. Best of luck. The market is not easy on this stuff and taxes because it knows what you’re up to.

I moved it successfully in a uhaul box truck in hindsight I would not do again the tie downs are wimpy.
I thought about a trailer but I was worried about the handling with fluid so far back, I know it’s worse with a half filled container.

5 Likes

Saw this gem today

No excuses

8 Likes

Woah…

1 Like

It’s a terrible idea! But so is driving all the way from norcal to socal with multiple full butane tanks in the hatchback, and I survived. Just rent the truck if you’ve got the option.

4 Likes

I’m over here biting my tongue trying not to share travel stories haha.

6 Likes

@BG305 I saw a similar picture but tank was in a pickup :joy:

2 Likes

NO
I have you ALL beat. Plywood sheets 4x8 x5 onto of a suburu with string holding it down.

WTF

And the sheets were bowing up from the wind force

3 Likes

Bring a bunch of 5 gal jugs and a drum pump. Take you 30 minutes but way safer. And you can unload it safely

2 Likes