55 gal drum in a Subaru Forester

Erase this comment immediately! Murphy’s Law

1 Like

Ethanol weighs about 6.5lbs a gallon x55= 357+ roughly 40 for the barrel and you are right around 400lbs

3 Likes

Did you save the last eleven 5 gallon containers you used?

10 Likes

Just rent a truck

I’ve done this hairbrained shit too many times

I am actually the king of hairbrained ideas

I advise to not do this rat fuck of an idea

9 Likes

https://www.homedepot.com/p/rental/load-n-go-cargo-van-rental/?categoryCd=45&subCategoryCd=003&rentalProductName=load-n-go-cargo-van-rental&modelNbr=load-n-go-cargo-van-rental

$20 for 75 minutes.

2 Likes

Drive like you have a kid or a kilo or something. I’ve loaded worse, for less, in a smaller rig. Might be dead right now, idk.

edit: I am rat fuck

8 Likes

This is your ass…This is your ass on fire… :boom:

1 Like

be safe find another way to move it from point A
to point B. better safe than sorry.
Lrus007

I got some good laughs from this thread I’m glad I asked the question, I’m gonna end up renting a box truck or cargo van and of course drive like a bombs in the trunk. I could have a safety car tail me…

1 Like

You can definitely do that low weight if it will fit

I load my sedan with 1500 pounds weekly. Don’t hit anything big and go easy on the tranny

Now is it safe to drive that much solvent fuck no and your insurance isn’t going to cover anything if something happens and they find out.

You probably wouldn’t be covered with a rental either though

1 Like

:joy::v:t2: sketch drives bring back memories

Also worked for two companies that delivered hydrocarbons and solvents.

Giant pass on choosing that as my line of work.

I’m just gonna leave this here https://youtu.be/uigUeW05HSM

2 Likes

depending on time/distance, home depot truck rental is very affordable - 19.99 for the first 75 mins

3 Likes

West coast guys can’t make it anywhere in 75 minutes usually.

3 Likes

that’s gold - thx :joy:

here’s another one that never gets old:

Edit: Seriously don’t do it. You may make it with no problems, if you don’t you’re gonna regret it.

Dispense that shit in quarters or halves or call a freight service

3 Likes

Honestly have a lot of respect for you saying that. It’s not worth risking for sure, delivery options and shipping options are way better than pickup. Yet I see pickups on the daily all west coast because people want to save a few dollars.

2 Likes

This past year I watched a $6 million dollar a year startup go bankrupt because the CEO wanted to save a few dollars.

Shortcuts are for the young and inexperienced.

Do it right every time, if you can’t afford it save up until you can.

I realize that’s a really realllllyyyy dramatic, drastic standpoint to take, but it’s worth it to wait.

10 Likes

I know of you to an extent. I’m aware you know of me too. I appreciate your continued professionalism and if you haven’t found an Oklahoma gig lmk. I’m sitting on a license wanting to get going with partners.

3 Likes

Buy a barrel pump, a drum wrench (2 flathead screwdrivers will work in a pinch), and eleven 5 gallon buckets with hermetically sealable lids. Buy the drum, pop it open, fill your buckets, load them up in your ride and then pay the supplier to dispose of the drum.

Thank me later

Edit: unless you’re driving on treacherous terrain or have terrible luck

Otherwise it’s not uncommon to pick up pails of solvent in a passenger vehicle. I’ve picked up 50 gallons in 5 gallon containers from the chemical supplier in Sacramento and driven far and wide 100s of times. Never lay a drum on its side though…inertia will be hard to restrain if you stop suddenly and it’s generally a horrible idea.

Even if you rent a truck make sure you have a safe way of getting it in and out of the rental truck. I suggest renting from enterprise truck rental. They have liftgate trucks.

And to anybody tripping on putting solvent inside your vehicle I have had barrels on barrels delivered by reputable suppliers in cargo vans…granted they are tall enough to stand upright which is really what matters

1 Like