3D printed lab accessories bring yer' cad models!

I currently have a half lb of herb that needs sorting

I designed this based on the constraints of my printer, havenā€™t started a print yet

It uses 80mm PC fans/grills, Iā€™m just worried about getting enough static pressure out of a small fan to move the leafy material to the back side. Iā€™ll have to test it once I get a new roll of material in. Havenā€™t designed a side panel either, itā€™s just a 200x200mm square with 195x195mm hole spacing/m3 screws

Preview might take a while to load, hereā€™s a screenshot

5 Likes

Hi,
here was my take, It isnā€™t finished yet. It is based on a scaled down version of this seed separator found here. DIY Seed Cleaner Aspirator from RealSeeds

This is as big as I can print in the x and y.It will be powered by a homedepot bucket head shop vac.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s certainly an interesting design, I donā€™t see the pressure being as big of an issue with that either if you seal it up well. What size is the hole for the vac/funnel?

2 Likes

Hi,
3/4 on the funnel, 1.2 inches for the shop vac. Plan is to slide a piece of acrylic into the slot in the face to seal the front.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome, Iā€™d love to get a copy of it if you wanna share

2 Likes

Wow cool stuff guys dm and Iā€™ll buy one off whoever

1 Like

Hi,
heck yes! Once it is done I will post the stl and some instructions for pinting.

4 Likes

If you want I will send the one I print here, you called dibs.

3 Likes

Yea buddy!

1 Like

is it just me or did the one in the video look like it wasnā€™t working all that great?

seemed like it worked to me haha

The design may have to be tuned a bit, I was going to add a slider valve to control the pressure level. I figured it was a good start as far as a design to copy what others have done so far, the open source plan for this one stuck out to me.

5 Likes

lest see where the rubber meets the road?

2 Likes

I can print and test it today/tomorrow, Iā€™ve got some small valves I use for my airstones as well that I can try to get the balance right, just need a hole with a ~5mm barb

2 Likes

You get Gelato seeds and you get Gelato seeds! Oprah-You-Get-A

3 Likes

thanks mayne!

I will include the slider in the model, its kind of like a webber bbq vent thingā€¦

3 Likes

We made a small version using a shop vac, worked great. Had a vent hole with a slide cover that you had to get dialed in but once you did it rocked. Also used it to sort smalls from trim, that took a lil more dialing in but worked

1 Like

Should have it in a few hours, let me get my machines set up and running and I will jump back into the cad.

2 Likes