2lb passive to active

Hey guys first post… I’m new to extraction and recently purchased a 2lb Apollo CLS from bvv. I’ve done about 6 runs with my setup and been using about 10-12 lbs of butane a run… it’s taking about 2.5 hours to fully recover 85% of my solvent. I can only do this once a week as I work a full time job and have other commitments. I’m looking into purchasing the active recovery kit v2.0 and I will be getting the trs21 pump with it. How can I maximise the effectiveness of this setup? Should I be increasing my hose and fitting sizes? I just feel a little in the dark when it comes to going active recovery… please bare with me as I’m new to this and may need extra explaining on technical aspects of the process… thanks

This is my current setup

The pot needs to be transferred into a warm water bath and the yellow tank into dry ice to get the solvent to start evaporating towards the yellow tank. You might know this already but just wanted to mention just in case.

If you wanna speed it up add a condensing coil in between and put it in dry ice as well. The added surface area and turbulence it creates in the vapor flow will speed up the recovery.

The trs21 will not speed up recovery by much and they are pretty loud and will eventually leak.

6 Likes

Sorry that pic I first posted was putting the solvent into the system… this is my recovery here

2 Likes

Yea just add a coil and you should see it go really fast

4 Likes

do you lift up and move it with that tall column attached? It gets awkward if so, id suggest a rack mount.

3 Likes

I will typically take the column off above the ball valve and just put the collection base into the bath and I now have a water heater that I drop in

1 Like

i cant see if theres ball valve on the collection and the bottom of the material tube.

Ball valve is first piece I have above collection base

so when you break it down does alot of gas escape? I have valves on both ends of the material column so i can move it to a safe place to offgas whats trapped in the bud. I always have trapped as because the column is cold while running.

1 Like

Yeah I can lose a bit it seems… that sounds like a good idea. Another ball valve to shut off the bottom of the material column and have the existing one on the collection base

and then rack mount it so you dont have such a tall machine. my rack is a 50 dollar rolling cart and a board. Youd need triclamp rack mounts for 20 bux per tube, and a extra valve and hose.

2 Likes

SS 304 Condensing Coil so this alone would speed up my recovery time if I had this in dry ice?

1 Like

Yes sir

1 Like

I would like to rack mount this system… what would be the easiest way to do that?

my thinking on chiller coil is its better to use a salt ice slurry on the coil and the tank on dry ice so the tank is colder than the coil? I seem to remember it stalling in the coil a bit before?

I said they sell rolling carts, it can hold your collection. You zip tie or screw a plywood panel to the back of the cart and mount your tubes to it. then hoses connect it all. You dont need that big dump valve, smaller valves work fine and are less likely to leak.

like this cart with a board mounted on the handle to hold the tubes and stuff. Youll prolly end up with a crc column too. and should use a molecular sieve. that carbon tank will get rust in it from water that the butane picks up in the weed. https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/folding-platform-truck-with-solid-steel-deck-5-rubber-wheels-600-lb-capacity?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnaeNBhCUARIsABEee8WU2qqqgv2y5I9JjaC_QlDPZkOAb7OCPTMrxJI5NIyLSD9-zrKlX5QaAnA3EALw_wcB
I have the board on the handle and have my material, crc, and mole sieve on the rack with the collection in front on the platform. I have to use a weight mounted on the front too or else it could tip backwards if i take the collection off.

Thanks Thumper, any chance you have a pick of your setup? Would it be similar to what I’d be going towards?

1 Like

mines yours in 3 years. I copied bvv to get all the individual parts but they copied greywolf. Then i just keep adding on to it. and adding and adding. Yours looks functional but you should have a mole sieve and most people have a crc column nowadays because the market likes light oil.
I fucked up a recent batch and it was supposed to be boiling off but i had a valve closed and cooked it for a bit. It was dark as night, m guy who wanted it usually doesnt care at all about color but he mentioned it. I was worried hed never call back, but he did and his description- it was PERFECT? so not everyone cares about color but most do.

I’m looking into CRC right now

do you live near bvv or are just ordering from there. Theres better places than bvv. when you figure out what you want pm me and i prolly have a crc.