2lb passive to active

I live in Canada and order from Ledab.com

canadian tire should have crc columns by now. I know they have the rolling cart. I used to get all my grow stuff from casa de pot

1 Like

I really should get a CRC soon… my runs are not consistent color… some are light with great clarity and some come out darker… I’m running nug but it’s only been trimmed over a table Timmer and still has a fair amount of leaf

dont use anything that isnt all crystally, leaf is as good as bud but it has to be good leaf.

They have crc kits and filter medias. Im sending them a free samples box if you’re close by stop by and grab some to try on your first runs

5 Likes

I’m back… I got locked out due to post count on first day. Would increasing my hoses from 1/4 to 3/8 between collection base and coil and from coil to recovery tank help with my recovery time?

1 Like

Yes but not by much

1 Like

is a few hours too long? It takes m a while but im not trying to run a bunch at a time. I have a trs and dont mind it. Look on ebay and theres a company that sells upgraded ones that may last longer? I havent used mine enough to have any problems.

I’m really hoping to get it down to 8 to 10 lb of solvent recovered in around an hour

time isnt my issue. ive had it happen fast but i usually take a long time to recover passive. I guess i always run out of dry ice. the pump works but for some reason i always end up with a coil full of propane mix. the output of the pump is hot and eats up dry ice fast.

Need a precondenser that is water cooled.

its been every time i move the coil to the ass end its full. and i dont have a valve to remove either the trs or the recovery, so it squirts as a liquid and upsets me- i put it on hot water too but i still get a coil of liquid. i need another valve, then i could do a quick nitro push to clear the coil I clear it on input that way but with the pump on one end and the collection on the other i have no way to push until i buy a valve- gotta hit the bar onight to earn a swagelok valve, i need a bar with pool and darts, or even bags.

Doesn’t look like you have any way to maintain the heat needed to keep recovery going, just what i see in the picture. The trs will also add alot of heat so your gonna have to cool that. Go with what waxplug said and try a coil first and if it doesn’t work to your liking you’ll need it anyway when/if you add a pump

Yeah 10lbs of solvent should only take like 10 minutes, easy. Half hour would be max (and that’s pretty slow) and you should be able to do that with a pretty basic set up

Get a condensing coil, get your recovery tank to pull vacuum prior to starting your recovery…with a coil, if you get your tank down to vacuum prior to starting the condensed butane coming into your recovery tank will be cold enough to keep the tank at vac through the recovery (as long as it’s covered in DI) ime

A stainless recovery tank is also helpful Imo, mainly because the recovery outlets are either 3/8-1/2”.

That with a coil, new recovery lines and getting your solvent tank down to vac prior to recovery I bet you are ripping compared to what you have now.

1 Like

I’m ordering a coil and new lines… I’ll try putting a vac on the tank… I haven’t done that yet, but I use lot of dry ice… I usually have the entire tank covered in DI

If I could even do it in 30 min I’d be very happy

This is what I’m ending up with… I’m happy with the end product but just need to speed this process up alot

Only pull vac w rotary vane vac pump on empty system. You can do it if it’s cold enough but I’d never suggest that to anyone

Jacketed collection base with ½" water openings for warm water to be pumped through the collection base and open your recovery line to ½" and look into a stainless solvent tank. @Killa12345 can probably hook you up with something if you ask.

Also these low pressure clamps won’t due. All your clamps are supposed to be high pressure

2 Likes

Those are probably 2" connections, the clamps he has will be fine.
psi-1
He’s got the 13MHHMD clamp.

2 Likes