26 YEARS IN PRISON FOR A NON-VIOLENT CRIME | MICHAEL THOMPSON [cannabis injustice]

Montel talks with Michael Thompson on this episode of Let’s Be Blunt. Michael never committed a violent crime, but yet he is the longest serving non-violent offender in Michigan State history. He was sentenced for 40 to 60 years and has spent the last 26 years in a Michigan prison for a cannabis-related charge even though recreational cannabis was legalized in Michigan in 2018. By the end of 2021 recreational weed is projected to be a $1.5 billion industry in Michigan. He has spent almost half of his life in prison for selling weed. It cost the state of Michigan over a million dollars to keep him there. And it was one of the single most egregious cases of injustice going on in the entire country. Fortunately, with the hard work of the Last Prisoner Project, The Grassroots Law Project, and the support of hundreds of thousands of people who signed petitions and helped raise awareness, he was granted clemency and released from prison on January 28, 2021.

7 Likes

Any other cases similar to this where the prisoner is still serving time?

1 Like

Dang Montel you’ve been here since 2019 and im just now seeing you.

Sup?

3 Likes

@drake, No. March 19th.

2 Likes

lol im a newb

2 Likes

Michigan has always been sort of backwards.

Im so sorry that my tax dollars went to imprisoning Michael Thompson.

If I can personally make up for it even a tiny bit I would like to

2 Likes

40,000 cases

5 Likes

Is this the real montel or the fake one?

2 Likes

Michigan should pay him every dollar he would have made selling weed this whole time.

3 Likes

Nothing can make up for how they did him but i believe he got paid out. That $$ should be tax free tho

2 Likes

Any petition or signing needed in the future trow a link out way most f us will gladly sign
:pray:

2 Likes

Real, and look for my new products coming soon.

5 Likes

Ive been following you since abatin opened and before that even. I had some friends who lived in east sac at the time

We got @montel Williams in here? Hot damn

5 Likes

We have arrived!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Montel MegaPost