24/7 testing facility in Michigan

The testing im referring to is standard cannabinoid, terps, etc with .5g samples that im using for R&D

As far as i know, they now have standard pricing and only offer 7 day turnaround time

How much is the potency test? State compliant package?

These are the winter 2019 prices I think theyre the same. I dont do batch testing so i dont know.

But this guy is a personal friend of mine and i trust him further than the other guys around town.

That being said if i found a 1 day turnaround lab in MI they would certainly see some of my money.

I met a guy from south dakota who does 1 day turnaround. I think it was $75 in feb when i met him in lansing at the Ihemp expo

We do the following 18 and can probably add others if we can source reliable standards.

|Cannabichromene |CBC|
|Cannabichromenic Acid |CBCA|
|Cannabichromevarin |CBCV|
|Cannabicyclol |CBL|
|Cannabicyclolic Acid |CBLA|
|Cannabidiol |CBD|
|Cannabidiolic Acid |CBDA|
|Cannabidivarin |CBDV|
|Cannabidivarinic Acid |CBDVA|
|Cannabigerol |CBG|
|Cannabigerolic Acid |CBGA|
|Cannabinol |CBN|
|Cannabinolic Acid |CBNA|
|Δ8 Tetrahydrocannibinol |Δ8 THC|
|Δ9 Tetrahydrocannibinol |Δ9 THC|
|Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid |THCA-A (Δ9)|
|Tetrahydrocannabivarin |THCV|
|Tetrahydrocannabivarinic Acid |THCVA|

You’re missing a whole bunch of thc’s. Caymen has most of them available I think

But they aren’t available as certified reference materials.

Since the dea has to approve certified standards we’ll probably be waiting a long time for a certified d10 standard. Is the a reason you feel Caymen’s standards are insufficient, other than their lack of a dea approval you can’t get?

For some reason that post was just approved. I had actually responded to you with that back in April. We’ve since added many more and are currently monitoring several isomers.

I have more on the list to buy.

1 Like

It isn’t DEA. If a lab wants to test under ISO 17025 standards they have to use certified reference materials. They can always represent the data as not falling under their ISO 17025, as @kcalabs pointed out in another post, but I feel like that isn’t in the best interest of a lot of labs.

so who “certifies” the reference material?

Check with cambium in TC. We usually get results in 3-4 days.

ISO committee provides the guidance on what is needed for a standard to be a certified reference material.

So an iso committee can create a new certified standard for a previously unstandardized cannabinoid and they tell the boys at the dea and lab at University of Mississippi how it’s gonna be?

1 Like

It has to be appropriately characterized. Pretty much the only difference between a certified reference material and a reference material is the certified reference material has an uncertainty associated with the stated concentration and usually greater traceability.

So the iso committee tells the UMiss pot farm and dea how a new cannabinoid will be characterized?

Sorry to hear we are not the only ones experiencing long testing turnarounds. Good luck in your search!

1 Like

It is structural characterization to prove identity of the chemical structure. Also, characterization/measurement of the value being stated on the certificate of analysis. What the DEA wants to do with it legally is up to them. I can’t speak to the University of Mississippi as they relate to all this. It has always been my understanding that they are just the only facility that is licensed to grow marijuana that is used as a reference material in studies.

To be clear, An iso committee decides what the standard for say delta 10 thc is. Then they inform everyone else as to how it is characterized/ how to test for it? Is that it in a nutshell?

Or, does an iso committee decide they need a standard for say delta 10 thc and go ask UMiss for theirs, along with the dea for permission to release it? I’d kinda bet it works a little more like this second one here.

No. ISO gives guidelines to what is needed to be a certified reference material. People can make analytical standards all day but they have to meet the ISO guidelines for a certified reference material before it can be called such. I have no idea about the legality of all this, so I can’t speak to any of the DEA stuff.

1 Like

Here is a list of currently licensed labs in MI.

Iron Laboratories LLC
ACT Laboratories, Inc.
Unitech Laboratories of Illinois
ABKO Labs, LLC
Cambium Analytica
Can-Lab, LLC
Oxford Natural Labs
PSI Labs, LLC
Puer Labs
Steadfast LLC
The Spott
Therapeutic Health Choices, LLC
Viridis Laboratories, LLC

While Therapeutic Health Choice is licensed, they are not currently running tests and are unlikely to launch anytime soon. They fired their ENTIRE scientific team a few months ago claiming incompetence. The mgmt team should look in the mirror…

One of the main challenges in the cannabis laboratory testing space is that virtually every lab in the US is a mom and pop shop. And, more importantly, very few of the founders have laboratory operations experience. The idea that an investor can say, “Make it so, number one”, snap their fingers and have extremely complex problems solved quickly remains science fiction.

Here is my advice to any lab:

1. Slow down. Accuracy will always trump speed. In a clinical lab (also highly regulated) errors lead to misdiagnosis. Misdiagnoses lead to treatment error. Treatment error leads to at least 2 lawsuits. Lawsuits shut down labs faster than regulatory agencies because they are so expensive. And you thought your CRM was pricey…
  2. Increase your prices 2X-3X and only accept the number of samples your lab can process in 48 hrs. Write it up as a policy, share a copy with your clients, and point out the money back guarantee. If you won’t guarantee your work, why are you in this business??? The increased cost of testing is insignificant compared to the wholesale cost 50lb harvest batch.
  3. Do not allow samples to backlog. This is most frequently the result of greed, scientific incompetence, and ignoring point #2.
  4. Get a 2nd set of instruments. It will eliminate the other potential backlog issue: equipment undergoing maintenance or repair.
  5. Get someone with deep laboratory experience to help with sales.
3 Likes