2 gram vapes are becoming the new industry standard

vivi novas sucked so bad though

the Kanger protank was the first atomizer i thought was worth half a damn.

man we’re gettin real nostalgic today :slight_smile:
Yeah the vivis were so cool…for like a month. Those little bug-looking wick attys were ridiculous. I remember being so annoyed with those that that is why I got into punching carts. They also looked like a freaking fairy wand on the old ego click batteries lol.

I LOVED the protank series. I actually used the PT2 for about 3 years because I was poor and rebuilt the attys. 8 wraps for a 1.2 ohm.

lol the MVP2, a dorky ego/510 adapter and a PT2 was my daily driver for years lol.

These days its the Aegis Legend (because im clumsy) and whatever random tank the vape store guy talks me into each year. I swear I go back after a year and every time…“oh they dont make coils for that anymore” I try to give them the “back in MY day” speeches and they’re never amused lol.

1 Like

rebuilding protank coils lol

i did that and i could afford new coils. i just wasn’t a sucker

i was happy about the pt2 cause the protank 1 had glue, and a shitty chinesium base

lol for real, they were honestly so easy to rebuild that even after becoming not poor I couldn’t justify buying them.

Then rebuildable Subtank mini came out and I stanned that for a few years until I just got sick of tinkering. These days I try to make it less of a hobby as I really need to quit before im a damn “long-term vaping causes super cancer” test case lol

i quit vaping a while ago via nicotine pouches

What in the fuck is going on here?

@Rowan Are you asking for my insight on the conundrum of carts being designated “single use” at the behest of the CDPH and the hazardous waste classification that we (my partner and the Center for Sustainability and Innovation and various other entities and policy influencers) have been battling with lobbyists and regulators?

Or my lifelong experience with ceramics and high fired porcelain manufacturing?

3 Likes

The conundrum of single use carts

Uhm. It’s a fucked situation. But she’s making progress. Honestly she is more qualified to speak on it.

But in short anything that has come into contact with cannabis product is considered hazardous waste. That introduces a litany of different regulations and restrictions on handling and disposing of. Recycling is a nightmare bc of the overregulation.

But she has teamed up with someone responsible for legislation making prescription drug manufacturers responsible for end of life disposal of expired drugs to see what duties can be made obligatory for vape manufacturers.

She is also working with a company already collecting spent hardware and a handful top selling manufacturers/distributors who want to and are helping. It’s hella complicated and I am no longer involved.

5 Likes

Eventually I want to sell 0.5g ceramic reusable pre-filled carts with a 1.5g filled syringe. I feel like that would be a better solution than a 2g disposable device.

4 Likes

industry standard my ass :joy:

2 Likes

What’s the ticket on these

1 Like

Ticket on what? Where?

The cheapest industry standard is about 2.3m

Anyone remember the 710 double barrel shotgun??

Lmao I was with loudpack when they launched that. So many failures and returns. Two flavors at once!!! So hype!!! Then the .3 or .5s disposable refills were fucking $50 each, hah syke.

2 Likes

How did loudpack mix and fill? I was always curious

Ultra disposable.

Exactly! There will always be a cart community and a disposable community because some customers value the cheaper carts that they can use with their own battery. In contrast to the person who owns no smoking equipment and just goes to the dispo once a week to grab their 1g disposable and couldn’t be bothered to save that 10-15$ with their own battery.

Its not about accepting that there is this divide. its about tipping this divide into the favor of what is more economical. We must not settle on what we already know or are taught. Settlement lies within what is truth and what we must know to survive and better each other.

4 Likes

I can say I got a few of the 2g bb tank disposables to try out and it had clogging issues almost immediately like every other 2g disposable I have tried. I like the idea of less waste but the function is not there. I’ve tried a bunch of disposables trying to something I feel confident bringing to market. AVD sent me some new 1g disposables that are not on the market yet and they are the first disposable I’ve ever tried that I actually liked.

1 Like

I’ve also started seeing 2 chamber disposables. Like 2 1ml tanks in 1 with a switch at the bottom where you can switch which tank you’re hitting from.

2 Likes