1Gal/hr small scale ffe help!

Okay so I want to build a one gallon an hour small scale falling film evaporator for cheap. How can I do it. I require le spoon feed.

3 Likes

Sounds like a rotovap would be an easier route no?

4 Likes

I have one but I want to make a small one to compare plus I want something where I can pour out the oil easier.

1 Like

I just watched this today Entrevista a Quinton Van Gundy Colorado Extractions MJBIZConference Las Vegas - YouTube
After seeing a spray vap advertised on here and it got me interested in making a stainless one for one gallon an hour. Or a small standard falling film design that can do 1 gal an hour plus it’d be adorable

1 Like

It’s quarentine I’m bored and I’m gonna have money to waste after I sell a vacuum oven in a few months

2 Likes

Buy a couple of shotgun condensers, some caps, and some 180* fittings. How did you want to heat it, did you need vaccum as well?

2 Likes

I was gonna rig up some kind of tankless hot water system on a digital temperature controller and pump it thru with a sump pump and I was gonna use super saline with dry ice for the cold side pumped by mag drive pump or maybe some kind of heavy duty lift pump I was gonna go back to the pool pump thread I made and take ideas off of that

vacuum?

Does it have to be heavy or can a standard diaphragm pump run it? I’m always unsure cause I keep seeing gear pumps and shit.

The co2 bubbles from the dry ice will cavotate the pump

1 Like

gear pumps for the feeds going out of the evaporator, piston vacuum pumps like the kind used for a rotovap should work.

1 Like

Works well for my RotoVap and the fish tank pump I use now

Help me out then, cause I’ve got 2 shotgun condensers I can’t get to run

2 Likes

What is the application/ how are they connected? What is the internal tube count?

3 lbs of Mortons salt per 5 lbs of ice is how I do it. I wait till it’s halfway done bubbling before I run my fishtank pump.

Yeah I was just gunna check thst thread out cause I saw it pop up and hadn’t heard of a sprayvap- definitely seems interesting

1 Like

Seems like it would be easier and cheaper to make one out of stainless.

There was some reason why sprayvaps were suboptimal for cannabis oil but I can’t remember why that was right now.

Interesting to hear, if you can remember why I’d love to hear. It sounds like a useful option for purifying etoh though, that being said I know there’s other options out there, that are probably cheaper/more efficient than a spray vap

2-3x18” with 19 3/8 tubes

My problem is getting the fluid pumped through it. I tried both a Danner and eco plus pumps to push it from a bucket of iso and dry ice. And it just would not push it. I’ve got a ton wrapped up in this, so I’d love to see it work

3 Likes