$17k for an HPLC? This is suspiciously inexpensive

I gotcha. It started spraying water from that area yesterday, but I realized that the water trap was full and promptly drained it. I just finally figured out what was up with my unit. Ultimately it ended up being a contaminated septum, but it didn’t look the same as last time. Last time it happened I had residual noids in my clean solvent run but this time it had CRAZY noise throughout the entire run no matter what sample. Thankfully it is resolved. Had pretty good email support throughout the process.

1 Like

So what’s the difference between the 8610 and the 310?

I believe the 8610 is the older model and the 310MM is the “new” model. It seems that the model number changed but most of the components are the same. As far as the differences, I’m not sure.

1 Like

310 has the integrated H2 generator. 8610 does not as standard. Other than that I’m not clear on the differences.

3 Likes

8610 is bigger, will take more detectors (and even an auto-injector), and is not rolled as an “all in one cannabis testing” solution (but can be).

it’s impossible to condition a column over-night with the 310 because of the reservoir sizes on the H2 generator. the 8610 uses either a bottle of H2 or a stand alone H2 generator.

2 Likes

Hit or miss depending on who answers the phone tbh. Some are cool, most will not help if you purchased the system from a 3rd party. Thermo’s customer service is better

This is another thing I’d recommend SRI update on the 310. Something that will hold at least 16h of water would be nice.

1 Like

Its possible to make the 310MM GC run for multiple days on one fill of water. We have a kit for $395 that you can self install.
Hugh
SRI

4 Likes

Thanks. We support used SRI GCs regardless of the ownership history.
Hugh
SRI

5 Likes

Thanks.
You are right about that.
We take pride in supporting the equipment regardless of who owns its now.

7 Likes

Can you link to that kit?

2 Likes

No link as yet.
You would be the 1st customer.
Hugh

1 Like

tell me more good sir.

Getting this auto-injector going doesn’t help if I can’t walk away from it for hrs at a time.

4 Likes