100g Mini Test Washer for hunting Pheno's for Washers

We just dropped our new Big Heads Mini Washer for pre-sale. These are perfect for anyone wanting to pheno hunt for washers. Instead of taking a whole crop to fresh frozen only to find it out yields 1-2% just pull 100g from your plants freeze it, test wash it, and ensure that you don’t waste all your hard work.

2 Likes

If this machine is washing the material, like literally getting it wet, how are you drying it within 3 hours time to be able to make rosin from it? That’s literally impossible even with a freeze dryer. Are you heating the collected hash after the wash to fully remove moisture at that point?

Also side note, the unit does look nice, but as far as thorough put I would be more inclined to spend 50$ more and be able to run up to 5lbs a wash with a bubble washer from grow gen… just food for thought.

Why would you want to run 5lbs and potentially waste all that material? I mean sure you can do that but why when you could wash 100g and get real data before you run all 5lbs, just to find out it’s not a washer?

We also provide an SOP with purchase for how to get to rosin within 3 hours without a freeze dryer :slight_smile:

Just because you have the column to run up to 5lb doesn’t mean it has to be 5lbs ran, yes you could setup for minimum allowed volume in the setup but there’s no need to do so when all it takes is a 2$ mason jar and a hochstrom filter with multiple plates to catch varying microns of hash.

I can honestly see this being used in analytics for the automation purpose of cultivar data testing. Don’t get me wrong I do think it’s a great idea for the micro batch/ test folks, but it’s also same price as the small-medium sized scale production.

I hear ya but jar tech isn’t consistent or a real way to get data at all unless you have a way to consistently agitate that jar to mimic an actual wash. You also end up with such a small amount from jar tech that you can’t really get quantifiable data from it. This is meant for people doing pheno hunts or considering chopping a large harvest to fresh frozen. The home grower can enjoy it too but they might enjoy a bubble magic more I don’t know. It’s personal preference at that point. I do know that those accordion style drains on bubble magics are great spots for resin to get trapped and are hard to clean. This unit is not like that. This is designed specifically for it’s purpose not a repurposed clothes washing machine.

4 Likes

That’s respectable, the only down fall I see with jar tek is the collection standpoint. Unless done with a multi plate catch filter and rinsing through, that’s the best way imo to determine date for small batch collection, not just eye ball it.

Do you have documentation of collected heads from this unit? Curious to see. Don’t need to go into drying etc.

Correct about the drain hose, which is why if one doesn’t already replace that themselves with a sanitary lined drain hose themselves they’re already behind. From what I see. I’m photos I didn’t notice your hose unless it was white which then I did see it but overlooked it, assuming ptfe?

From the past 50 side by side washes we’ve done using an Osprey with 15-20kg of fresh frozen in it and 100g in the Big Heads Mini Washer we’ve seen a .2 - .3% variance in finial yields.

4 Likes

Just jar tek it. Scoup out the nugs and pour over a 50 micron filter.
Most of the heady hash makers do a mason jar test and have been able to pheno hunt thousands of plants quickly using this method.
They just throw all the jars on a agitator table/ rocker table.

U can just dumpt it into a 50 micron mesh bag, let it drain and dry and then weigh the bag. They take the top 10 yielders then do a 5lb run on it to process it all to a finish product to further narrow down the winning pheno based on effect, smell and taste. Fuck trying to press and taste test 1000 different phenos lol

6 Likes

whats funny is all those heady hash makers you’re talking about have already placed pre-orders becuase they know that jar tech isn’t a legit way to gain insights/data and it’s not viable for large pheno hunts.

3 Likes

Idk seems easier to go thru many phenos with many jars then to go thru many phenos with “one fancy jar”

2 Likes

I am interested to see if this product has any benefits over the current methods. I’m not a huge fan of the resin dial bc it’s slow and doesn’t allow the sample size to be large enough. While this device may be faster, draining through small bags and collecting is still an issue I find, has this product solved that problem?

600g wet material should give anyone enough of an idea what the strains washes to and enough to press and cure properly. The larger washers accomplish this task very very easily still AND I get enough to try and share.

So if this product is better in my mind it should be sized appropriately to allow enough material to be washed to give a realistic sample size of rosin. It should also solve the issue of cleanup and time. Spraying bags is annoying but the resin dials filters take too long.

What’s the happy medium?

2 Likes

Plenty of benefits here imo.

1. Mimics an Ospreys on a small scale leading to more realistic repeatable results.
  2. Comes with an SOP to take your heads to finished Rosin in 3 hrs
  3. Gives you enough product to actually test and see if what you are wanting to wash is viable
  4. Only needs up to 100g per wash
  5. Comes with custom sized bags that are specific to this unit
1 Like

Pre-Sales are almost sold out thanks for all the support everyone!

2 Likes

Head to Big Head Little Washer and use code BHLN710 for 25% off. We finally got all the washers in!!

3 Likes

Looks just like this thing that’s selling for 65 bucks…

I have different brand that was 90 bucks. Is your sop the extra cost?

9 Likes

We sell cheaper dear bro.

13 Likes

Damn even the wash head is the same lol

2 Likes

^^^ This is my favorite part…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

don’t worry the green tax is for the smooth hose

Alibaba has setups similar to this for like $8-$25 too in bulk