1000w de cmh

Thanks for the plug. While AGT-50 can reduce fertilizer input 10-25%, there’s no shame in riding that high as long as they are taking it!

2 Likes

@FicklePickle With UnderCurrents, what does your ppm (or EC) max out at? I’m assuming week 6 if you follow the Cultured Solutions feed schedule.

With fresh 2x 315 CMH bulbs in 4x4 configuration, sealed CO2, my ppm maxed out at 750 with straight salts. The same setup with AGT-50 and H2O2 in the root zone, it maxed out at 650.

2 Likes

Anecdotal, but my buddy who runs several commercial grows prefers the 630w to the 1000w. If you want more info I can try reaching out.

4 Likes

This. My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

My guess is it’s roughly the reason I prefer bar led over cob. I prefer a more disbursed light source.

3 Likes

I max out at 990 on the week 6 res change, but 3 days later it’s around 1150. I’m hitting them hard around here. The ladies are scary big.

3 Likes

If you were doing trees, I could see how you could ride that high. The reason I ask is that Cultured Solutions has been pushing the “less is more” with salt nutes for a couple years now.

In 32x UCXL13’s I could only veg them about 2.5 weeks before the canopy would start to shade itself even with deleafing. I blame the size of the plants for not letting the EC get too high and having a really good room environment with CO2 and CMH lamps.

4 Likes

Less is more…

Maybe less overall input for crazy growth.

Sure you can run lower ppm’s through most of the cycle compared to other methods of growing but at their peek weeks seems like everything is hungry as hell for a strong feeding.

I’ve noticed a difference in nutrient uptake operating from 25-30psi. Cultured solutions offers a different regiment for 30+psi aeration

3 Likes

How many UCXL 13’s did you run per light

2 Likes

The CMH’s were 4’ on center. I think we had custom pipes on the 32-site. I think each site was 3’ on center? It’s been a long time and I don’t have pictures of that room anymore.

2 Likes

I reached out to get a current culture quote for 5500 sqft open span hybrid greenhouse. I’m pretty sure that what the setup will be.

5 Likes

This is my dream set up with the hybrid greenhouse.

How can we use agt-50 in the current culture?
@agtonik said you guys have been trying to figure it out. But he was over my head a bit.

1 Like

You can’t use it? I’ve been running it in my ez cloner with fantastic results. I still sterilize too and it works awesome. I’d imagine it would work fine in a rdwc. Is it cus it’s too messy for ya or sumthin @FicklePickle?

2 Likes

I used H2O2 and AGT-50 in UC’s successfully. AGT-50 is fully soluble in water, but our CSO had concerns that hypochlorous acid (UC Roots) would cause sedimentation (but not biofilm). It might even be a non-issue.

2 Likes

I have been playing with it a bit. Once I get the UC system in I will work out how to mix in the AGT and Silica so they don’t precipitate.

3 Likes

Dan (owner) of CC has been pushing this for more than a few years…I’m gonna sat the better part of 2 decades. Thats what we were telling folks in the beginning. “1/4 to 1/2 strength”

That’s how long it’s been since I’ve run an UC. Lol

1 Like

Potassium silicate is dicey with fulvic. I don’t know if it applies to monosilicic acid or if it would even precipitate at final dillution. If it doesn’t work, you can always use fulvic or silica as a foliar and the other in the root zone.

If you do get them to play nice together, I guess we will update our product documentation again around your excellent growing skills!

3 Likes

Silica must be mixed with the water first, then add what have you. Or it will just precipitate out.

And never add silica to your 5gal bucket and add ph down with out first adding water. The combo makes for a really weird mix.

At the very least, take 5g out of your res, mix silica in that, add back to res. Wait 15 mins, then add agt50

4 Likes

I’ve been spraying silica and the agt-50 together with amazing results. We kept up on my immunity spray with the addition of agt-50 steadily over 10 days while the plants were experiencing a ton of stress from our contaminated water supply.

@The_Lone_Stiller
I was worried about the agt-50 mixing into the water without issue. The system is incredibly delicate and fairly expensive to test and figure it out. The down time or loss is to costly for me to pull the trigger on the main system. Setting up a medical grow for the boss to start testing our ideas without the set backs of our possible failures…

6 Likes

I think @Demontrich is right that AGT-50 and silica won’t cause precipitation at final concentration. I just tread very lightly with recommendations because a garden can be someone’s entire livelihood.

6 Likes