1000w de cmh

Has anyone used the 1000w cmh de fixture.
I’m in the process of building a legal 2000sq ft micro grow in nova scotia Canada and I’m trying to decide on lights, I’m definitely not sold on led YET I know they will be better in a year or two.
So as of now I’m really liking my 315 cmh but I’m thinking for big rooms it won’t be economical to run 315s. So I’m either thinking 1000w hps or cmh. Then upgrade to led in a couple years once the tech is guaranteed to be better then conventional lighting.

2 Likes

I’m looking to buy these soon for our facility. Apparently this is where it’s at these days. Sold out nationwide

https://eyehortilux.com/grow-lights/double-ended-ceramic-hps/

8 Likes

That looks interesting, I’ve never seen them before, I’ve also never seen a light with a 2300k spectrum.

2 Likes

that looks like a new one!

all the ones ive seen are either double 500w arc tubes in series in a DE lamp or 3x 315w arc tubes in series in a DE lamp. this one linked looks like a whole new design.

I wonder if they work in typical high frequency non square wave ballasts like Phantom or Gavita DE ballasts

3 Likes

Boss man mentioned it and I swore he was mixing up the 2 different types of lights. I happily ate my words

1 Like

They work in the gavita fixtures. I spoke with the eye hortilux rep

1 Like

Want!!

2 Likes

Fixture compatibility chart
@square_root_pharms

1 Like

I’ve ran 945CMHs since fall last year. Did mixed spectrum rooms and such… yes the price is real to but its more like $90 a pop with UL certifications(800 freight shipped) Bulbs are like 12 a pop. I’ve ran sunsystem 630watts (2 bulb fixtures) since 2016. I had a hard time getting rid of lights that costed me a grand when 2 $70 bulbs will still get 2 a light… ill leave it at I don’t own any sunsystems anymore

2 Likes

I run 630 cmh de’s and I love them

This will also be what I use in my next indoor room.

1 Like

I ran 630 cmh (2x315) in quite a few rooms. They have a nice 4x4 footprint. The price on 315w lamps has come down and they are easy to swap.

The technology is not standardized like MH/HPS/315 CMH. The ballasts are expensive. My problem with the 1k cmh lamp is they have three arcs- one of the three can burn out, so it is expensive to swap. Have they changed the flaws in those bulbs yet?

2 Likes

Remember, the hood plays a very important role on light spread. Bigger hood the closer canopy distance, but a wider spread. Smaller hood, further canopy distance, but a smaller foot print.

This is how I manipulate light in my rooms…currently until my new lights come in.

Think of it like a mag light that you adjust with the top.

3 Likes

What did you order for new lights?

3x gavita pro 1700e
El2
3x adapters in case i need to dim.

2 Likes

The EL2 works on the led’s too hu? Bad ass

I’m curious to see what the new gravitas look like. The sales rep up here in Canada swears the 1700 is better then hps. You’ll definitely be a good tester.

If they dont yield 1.5 gpw or better, they will be sold after 2 runs.
I’m currently at 1.2-1.3gpw.

3 Likes

The key to yielding well with LED is to supplement magnesium a la epsom salt via foliar or drench. The 660nm wavelength really revs up their metabolism.

6 Likes

I may just foliar the extra cal-mag vs soil drench it. Maybe add it with the agt50.

I’m hoping I can lower my feed ppm. Currently at 1480ppm

4 Likes