1000+ pounds per shift hydrocarbon extractors

I’ve had dinner with the guys with PurgeLabs and Trusteel while I was still in Grass Valley. I recognized that work. Haha. Monster

3 Likes

Yeah there good guys, only ever ran there equipment a few times.

What do you think of their swinging columns?

A removable top would be better, but they work.

1 Like

It’s scary….

Seems inefficient

3 Likes

Pointless, enrique could never answer basic questions and i always wanted to do a side by side with my big crude machine back then to his rotating columns but never would. Vic seemed to love them but i was never a fan

5 Likes

I just have a disagreement on the design… I’m more of the flush through and try not to have so much time washing through same material.

1 Like

Enrique still doesn’t know anything about them. Lol

3 Likes

Yeah me too, i was doing 5-7#’s every 15-20 mins at the same time and wanted to race to see what made more with less solvent loss. They were very scary to run when i got the chance i just couldn’t resist but would never run one again and honestly wouldn’t take one today if someone gave it too me

3 Likes

Not sure he ever did, simple question of how do you spin it with lines attached, so you have too remove them but can’t vac down. He stopped talking to me after that

4 Likes

I’d go with a bigger chiller than 17kW @ -40 if I was shooting for 12lbs/min on a 70/30 mix. That’s all that chiller could handle just on the recovery, still might not be enough.

Even if you condense at -20, you still need kW left to chill back down to -40 efficiently pre-extraction.

At 30kW you will have enough to handle it all. Can pickup a new 30kW @ -40 for less than 100k.

1 Like

We had 20 of them. It was about 4 years ago. Fill and soak them up side down, spin and dump. Wheel out bring in next that was already soaking.
50-60 lbs of bio per hopper
They had quick release

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I ran one but I feel like I only got half of that in per column. How were you packing and what was trim like?

I run a m45 and at -45 we are recovering 3.5-4lbs a minute. We use the big exergy hx. Collection pot hooked up to 350k btu hub bell but only set to 95f. If we bump up to 150f we saw 6lbs a min but Chillers started to not be able to keep up. The 30hp willl do the job for 12 a min.

3 Likes

They were just so expensive and seemed very limited in there capabilities other than crude. Dollar for dollar you know you could build a way better more diverse machine, i did LOVE the crude days though back in the very beginning. No oven no nothing just buckets and more material than i could shake a stick at for free since it was all old and no one wanted to drive it outta the pines.

4 Likes

A couple big boys with heavy pipes pounding 1 gallon buckets at a time. Fine ground bio.
There was 2 options, more time or more in the hopper. We found a way to get more in.

2 Likes

The jacketed hoppers are great at 30 lb nug runs. It’s been a couple years since I’ve played with that system. Partners got gready

1 Like

What type of Exergy heat exchanger are you using for condensing? Tube-in-tube coil Or tube-in-shell?

Sounds like you have a decent setup! Kinda weird seeing a 50% recovery increase by bumping temp up to 150F opposed for 95F on the same heater/zone. Are you using a multi-zone heater? Are your 95F/150F heater set points or vapor temp in process?

We’re running one of their newer models at our facility, jacketed swing material column. Gotta say the top to the material column is the only thing I don’t like. The seal compartment is not designed well. When flipped upside down after a while it leaks like crazy. The clamp design I don’t like either. Aside from that it’s a decent system. Currently getting 80-100 #’s per shift.

2 Likes

Funny, I know that guy Enrique as well. Well met him at the facility while they were installing unit. I had to tweak it out a bit after they left, since I thought some of their ideas were over kill or not really efficient. I was actually wondering if those guys know how to run their own units.

1 Like