1 um 185mm filter paper?

So i have 3 diff orders for 1um 185mm paper filters. one is over seas, one is one state away, the other is amazon. All of them say they wont be here until mid may. So i am stuck mid process atm. Does anyone know or have any? I could buy them or give you some when mine finally get here. or maybe someone knows a way of layering diff filters to get to 1um? Anyways this forum is always loads of help so thought I would try! #ThanksCorona

3 Likes

I can reach out to our manufacturer and see how long the lead time would be. Will probably come in packs of 100. How many would you need?

2 Likes

I was going to suggest 1um polypropylene felt from someone like duda diesel, but anything that sounds like filtration has been turned into DIY PPE.

You might still find bags.

https://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=POGP1S

What’s your application?!?

1 Like

well i have a total of 9 pcks of 100 on order. So those will come I really only need 1 pack. Honestly 10 filters would probably get me by until those arrive. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

So after extracting using isobutane on some cbd flower, these filters are used for when we carbon scrub/ winterize w/ etoh. a vac pulls the carbon/ etoh coated oil thru the filter removing fats and clearing up the color a bit. Nice those Polypropylene felt bags as filters are a good idea, do you know if etoh or heptane degrades Polypropylene felt? also holy crap, these guys are like 45 min from me! awesome!!!

1 Like

See if you can get a 6" sintered disk to do your filtering from @Killa12345

1 Like

The all knowing one offers chemical compatibility charts…but I spec’ed polypropylene deliberately.

They are in wide use in hemp extraction facilities for both post extraction particulate removal and winterization.

Usually in a housing, but Duda diesel also has ~$10 adapter that will get you started without the housing.

Bag filters are awesome. Chopping one up to fit in a Buchner should work in a pinch.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chemical+compatibility+polypropylene

Check the Tricks of the trade - #326 by CollectiveObjective thread for other uses

2 Likes

Hi BigChef, so that’s about 7.28" dia. We have several options for you in 1um. We can supply 1um 185mm disc filters. They come 100 disc’s per box and we can ship these possibly today, for sure Monday. Then its matter of how you want them shipped, RED, Blue, etc.
I’ve seen other suggestions for felt, we have that as well, but we could not ship until mid week. We could also ship pad media (1/4" thick, higher dirt loading, same micron), but we would need to make a die for this size. Outside ship date of one week. Let us know how we can help. Thank you, gregh@heyesfilters.com 310-212-7777

1 Like

Hello BigChef, PS, we can ship 9 boxes of 100 by latest Monday. Thanks again, Greg gregh@heyesfilters.com 3
310-212-7777