ZNCL-TS 5000 thermoprobe type

Is anyone aware of what type of thermoprobe is needed to replace the original (missing) one on the ZNCL-TS 5000 mantle?

RTFM failed me
USA Lab ZNCL Heating Mantle Maunal v2.pdf (100.7 KB)

Connector:

1 Like

I did not see the temp sensor specification, but J & K thermocouples are by far the most popular, then there is the possibility its a RTD. Sometimes you can tell the thermocouple by the wire colors. Got any more pics?

2 Likes

Smart money says it’s a k-type or a pt100

Both those have published lookup tables.

Provide a known resistance or voltage across all possible pairs and the device should admit what it usually interacts with…

1 Like

True, they all have published tables. I just assumed if the OP had mV and ohm meter they would not be asking. But if they do, use them and the published data to determine what sensor.

1 Like

Doesn’t have the sensor.

Needs to provide the voltage or resistance to the connector. Which is a power supply and a potentiometer, not a multimeter

Eg: https://www.instructables.com/Recycled-Milli-Volt-Power-Supply/

Although a couple of random resistors might quickly rule out pt100 (or any rtd).

1 Like

My reading and comprehension is at an all time low. :frowning: lol

1 Like

2 Likes

I already have the aircraft connector so I scooped this in 300mm

Thanks!

2 Likes

looks like this is not a compatible option, the mantle needs a 4 wire thermocouple. RTD pt100 it looks like

I’m gonna try this out, I can get it between the flask and the mantle. I’ll have to get a thermowell for liquid temp

Aw man I recently threw away a bunch of these since I don’t use those mantles anymore, I know I have a three pin still, but I’ll look tomorrow to see if I have any of the four pins. If I do I’d be happy to mail you one for the cost of shipping.

2 Likes

Anyone got any advice on how to wire this up? Or figure it out myself with a meter?

2 red wires go to the mantle, no polarity labels

2 go to the control PCB, polarity is labeled but the black cable is labeled (+) for some reason