5 Likes

:rofl: leave the Guy be
His gear is good :joy:

Maybe its “good” if you’re a summit fan boy

Once you run a real wiper you’ll never go back to an spd

8 Likes

Well Medias in bf and packed heads will keep spd a nesecity for Now :+1:

2 Likes

Doing something once is one thing. Repeating it over and over is a while different story.

I “converted” THC into CBD once (as per CannaSafe Analytics). Was never able to repeat it. Fluke. And there was only enough to test the sample once. Microscale experiment woes :laughing:

3 Likes

Lets pick through what this guy is proposing, this is directly from @Termite

" This tech (bids) would be awesome to implement but with current pricing of all fancy raisins it could be projected as the “overkill price” to implement on the big scale …
For the people on this forum who was laze or busy to do the R&D on this - simple SOP for color removal ,thc CBD separation and surly for encourage to start the new topic in here.

Mix your crude or distillate with heptane 1:1 ( for crude soline wash is needed)
Get 3A zeolite (in jar for the simplicity) and wash it with fresh heptane ( drain solvent out)
Combine your mixture and zeolite (fill till zeolite fully suspended)
Wait few hours .
Filter ( coffee filter is fine for this step)
Liquid portion will go back for the re run (if CBD/thc separation is desired)
Zeolite in you filtration funnel now loaded with the goodies.
Prepare second filtration funnel for color CRC STYLE 1”-3” of b80 will work, put loaded zeolite on top
Run fresh Heptane ( acid spiked if not decarb crude was used) to wash zeolite. Collected heptane would be almost white and it will wash out only 50%-60% of all available goodies but zeolite will hold up the thc molecules a little better so with this method it is easy to bring down % of thc in oil drastically
My personal record from almost 8% down to 1.2%

Don’t forget zeolite still loaded with cannabinoids needs to be washed with different solvent (toluene)
Is the second solvent of choice to remove cannabinoids but not the garbage.

This SOP was for the 1st grade students … lol

For the pros:
3A is 0.3 nm al the bulky molecules can’t feet
Zeolite exist in the form of powder (column loading)
Zeolite based ion exchange resin will give have a force to hold molecules (thc/CBD separation)
Pre-wetting resin with the right (top secret ) solution will activate protonation of nitrogen in functional groups allowing the adsorption of acid ( everybody remembering the hint about controlled decarboxilatio
of THCA to thc and living cbda in acidic form)

So if someone will start the new topic on zeolite and polymer resins I’ll will tell what would happen if someone stupid/curious will use zeolite/resins in packable distillation head.
Happy Hollidays !!!"

11 Likes

3a sieves most comon chemical structure is

So which molecuul would create the affinity ?
I Remember August do this research a lot to

@BrotanicalMatt is it Maybe paramagnetism on the AL protons ??

3 Likes

Most molecular sieves are used for size exclusion chromatography. I’ve never heard of or seen a molecular sieve be used as a form of affinity chromatography. I’m sure it’s possible but I feel that would be over engineering of a stationary phase when you could just engineer a solid bead instead of a porous bead for the affinity purposes.

1 Like

I’m just pulling up a seat here, so I can try to follow along.

11 Likes

Mole sieve are mainly used for gas purification.

@RockSteady

I have a stack of clinicals on polymers im reading right now. I started a thread like two weeks ago on it. LOL.

@Roguelab i wouldn’t be looking at mol seives as they are not designed for this operation. but yes, i would use a bead in which its affinity is based off of the polarities. However, @RockSteady is on to something, a lil behind :wink: but he is on to something

7 Likes

Nothing i use was designed for it
But i mean Nothing :rofl::rofl::rofl:
So in my language it means go for it
Pilowcases for biomass panda’s. :laughing:

10 Likes

However, synthesis of 3a’s to a more specific binding affinity is piquing my interest…

8 Likes

Ion exchange resins

3 Likes

XAD-2? @NoHeatNoVacuum

3 Likes

That’s a great one, I’ve had a lot of great luck with some of the older Dowex products that have been replaced by several other new products. Just seeing the number of different fractions I can pull based on pH and polarity is amazing. I’m currently collecting fractions this way and rotovapping them down for analysis. One of my current pet projects.

3 Likes

This is like a fun homework assignment that might lead to nowhere.

https://twin.sci-hub.se/6830/61fe19c5d30adba1e4ade0b8ba6204f0/williams2010.pdf

3a mol — my guess is the resin is the whole situation…and no one knows what that resin is yet.

3 Likes

XAD is baller for seperation between the pentyls and the propyls…

5 Likes

Fun! how are you quantifying? I wonder if I could set something up with the fraction finder to try something like that out? Ill have to poke around for some medias. What solvents you using? I wish i was associated with a larger outfit to be able to afford cool research stuff… all these extra curricular purchases really leave me in the po’ house!

3 Likes

This tech (bids) would be awesome to implement but with current pricing of all fancy raisins it could be projected as the “overkill price” to implement on the big scale …
For the people on this forum who was laze or busy to do the R&D on this - simple SOP for color removal ,thc CBD separation and surly for encourage to start the new topic in here.

Mix your crude or distillate with heptane 1:1 ( for crude soline wash is needed)
Get 3A zeolite (in jar for the simplicity) and wash it with fresh heptane ( drain solvent out)
Combine your mixture and zeolite (fill till zeolite fully suspended)
Wait few hours .
Filter ( coffee filter is fine for this step)
Liquid portion will go back for the re run (if CBD/thc separation is desired)
Zeolite in you filtration funnel now loaded with the goodies.
Prepare second filtration funnel for color CRC STYLE 1”-3” of b80 will work, put loaded zeolite on top
Run fresh Heptane ( acid spiked if not decarb crude was used) to wash zeolite. Collected heptane would be almost white and it will wash out only 50%-60% of all available goodies but zeolite will hold up the thc molecules a little better so with this method it is easy to bring down % of thc in oil drastically
My personal record from almost 8% down to 1.2%

Don’t forget zeolite still loaded with cannabinoids needs to be washed with different solvent (toluene)
Is the second solvent of choice to remove cannabinoids but not the garbage.

This SOP was for the 1st grade students … lol

For the pros:
3A is 0.3 nm al the bulky molecules can’t feet
Zeolite exist in the form of powder (column loading)
Zeolite based ion exchange resin will give have a force to hold molecules (thc/CBD separation)
Pre-wetting resin with the right (top secret ) solution will activate protonation of nitrogen in functional groups allowing the adsorption of acid ( everybody remembering the hint about controlled decarboxilatio
of THCA to thc and living cbda in acidic form)

So if someone will start the new topic on zeolite and polymer resins I’ll will tell what would happen if someone stupid/curious will use zeolite/resins in packable distillation head.
Happy Hollidays !!!

14 Likes

Once I clean them up, usually just redissolve for HPLC, if it’s hard to tell I’ll use the LCMS. Right now I’m just mainly playing with pH right now, but I had some really cool results salting out fractions. I am also working my way through solvents. If it’s safe to use, I’ve tried it. I like adding a little acid or base to methanol/ethanol. A good amount of phenolic analysis from wine crosses right over, but unfortunately for the longest the wine guys were artistic not scientific.

1 Like