Zeolite and polymer resins for THC remediation

ask and you will recieve!

Do tell @Termite i know many here are curious to this method as well!

so what happens when you pack the head, and i agree this topic deserves its own thread

9 Likes

In all my findings mol sieves size 8a
Packed in the head takes a lot of the red out when distilling
But 8a sieves are hard to find

3 Likes

I’m screaming with laughter at how simple this seems now that someone laid it out

3 Likes

i fell ya, it just makes sense, going to trying a few different packs, reading on options now, will update you all on my findings

2 Likes

Brb Gotta go do some cat litter chromatography

16 Likes

“Kitty litter CRC 2020 tek” - @Ruwan

14 Likes

Quite amazing Huh !!
Afraid this one is out of reach as long as i don t have inhouse analytics
To confirm trails

1 Like

https://hardwarefactorystore.com/products/molecular-sieve-zeolite-3a-8x12m?variant=29492259946590&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAiA6bvwBRBbEiwAUER6JSZI_d4FniH2aEzifZwYH9sF1EJFUi4Ng09BXD2WJRiIqNmMHjpW7xoCpIIQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Send me shit @anon6488101 just got our HPLC cranking and I am just screaming at this whole concept

2020 guys the future is now

Kitty litter to remove THC or bust

11 Likes

I disagree with it making sense
I always skiped the 3a for i thought the pores where to small for any target compound but i was wrong it seems

I started playing with zeolite as a revursed membrane tech

4 Likes

size exclusion, thats what its all about at this point! its beautiful in its simplicity, just gotta figure out which materials have the ideal pore sizes to allow through the target and excluded the undesirables. something like this could bring large scale continuous flow thc remediation filtration to the common man.

11 Likes

Treu i wonder if brand of zeolite and make will mater there are shit loads out there interesting times

2 Likes

guess we are going to have to find out! i ordered those beads i linked, we will see how they work! :+1:

4 Likes

Delete this thread the chads are still sleeping :zzz:

15 Likes

Try ZCM-5

5 Likes

And also it’s a catalyst … if activated …

5 Likes

kittylitter%20tek

28 Likes

Acidic , large surface area , metal catalyst impregnated, small volume boiling flask … xm what could go wrong…

5 Likes
3 Likes

It will partially hold the thc during the filtration, like 85% - if you half decarb your crude.
B80 on the bottom zeolite on top
Heptane (spiked with acid) will come out almost white CBDa mostly ( same for CBGa)
Wash the column/ funnel with the toluene after - your Second stream will have all other cannabinoids
3rd wash not necessary only 3-5% is left stuck on/in zeolite…

13 Likes