Z3 Sciences lied and stole product

Hello I am posting this so other farmers can learn from my experience. My company entered into a product split with z3 sciences in denver and specifically Jacob Tupper last harvest season. They were supposed to do a product split and process our hemp into isolate with them keeping 50% of the finished product and were supposed to be done in 5 weeks total time.

3.5 months later they came back with a bunch of non winterized and non decarbed crude and told me they couldnt take it to isolate. They explained they outsourced the product to another company without my knowledge. My hemp had been batched together and extracted with other hemp that contained pesticides. Since my hemp had been batched they returned us an arbitrary amount of crude since they had no way of knowing what our yield was. So they kept their share and didnt go all the way to isolate. They could have distilled it or isolated as they agreed but they refused because they stated that it would cost them too much money. They stated they would not process the hemp any more and i could pay them to winterize and decarb my crude. They didnt even have their own ethanol extractor and outsourced the whole process except winterizing and decarbing. they couldnt even winterize and decarb the crude in an attempt to make it right or to make it easier for me to sell the crude they returned to us.

(we did have a legit western slope company do an amazing ethanol extraction that produced great crude 60+ % that turned into beautiful distillate) the product was 12-15%cbd cherry blossom and cherry wine

I just don’t want anyone to have the same experience that I had with Z3 sciences.These are the sharks in this industry that you want to steer clear of. I would hate for anyone to feel like we did after dealing with them, They told me many different lies that they never followed through with. They also didn’t do anything to make it right just left us with a inferior product that costed our family 100s of thousands due to their negligence. Please be cautious before choosing this company to extract for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for typing this up. You and Z3 did not have a contract? There are non performance clauses and ways to insure against this stuff. Always write in a base dollar amount the processor will owe you if they cant perform. Or some other compensation. Newbies think this stuff is soooooo easy because they read things online. Its not. Which is why good processors will guarantee their work somehow

6 Likes

My buddy assured me this was a standup company (they dont even talk anymore) so as a first timer in this situation I trusted my buddy. This is the most costly lesson I could ever learn. Performance metrics are essential for any contract! (hopefully people can use me as a lesson instead of learning the hard way like me)

2 Likes

Friends and business don’t mix

8 Likes

Friends and business do mix. You just cant blindly trust them with your revenue. Verify.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I will not step a single foot into a deal without notarized performance contracts with the processor and the farmer.

1 Like

Btw who was the processor that did it well? I have people on the Western slope that need processing.

1 Like

Western Slope Extraction,Ty Oodle

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like