Your boy is back, with questions

So I’ve been trying to replicate a salve my sexual life homie has been using but is no longer made. Her therapist suggested a 1/1 ratio at a strength of 2% for CBD/THC, so 4% total. I went for 6% total cause fuck it why not, even made a small 15% batch. NBD, but the consistency was a bit soft in the end. The salve base is simply olive oil and beeswax with some botanicals. So I added more beeswax to the base and made a new batch at 6%. Way better consistency but I felt like I was having an issue homogenizing by virtue of the isolate not fully dissolving. And that sat in the oven for some hours at @180 °F, so my question is two part, can I bump the heat another twenty degrees without risking degradation of the CBD/THC and does anyone have any suggestions for a base material that isn’t coconut oil (she’s “allergic”) that would help form up the base without sacrificing solubility of the good stuff, which is what I think is happening with the beeswax.

Coco butter my dude

4 Likes

Sweet almond oil, beeswax, vitamin E, cannabinoids, (penetrating Essential oils for salve, up to you for lube), Google, use an overhead stirrer or a mag stirrer, hold on 180-200 until all homogenized.

I recommend 50mg/ml salve
17mg/ml lube

2 Likes

This was my thought, was trying to keep to the original ingredients, but I’m thinking a small change is ok.