You Can Use Espresso Machines To Make Marijuana Extracts

piping in a bit…
“the waning abyss of ignorance and speculation”
concerning the collective 4200 knowledge of “hot water.”

I’ve pointed this out elsewhere…and people complained they used their only legal source of cannabinoids: seeds but failed to catch on to what they were actually doing.
The later includes a rather interesting AI approach to data analysis for optimization…

the water matrix not only includes heat and pressure but pH as well. Hazekamp’s early works and more recent use of anion exchange resins attest to the latter. Moreover, there is the whole world of micelle phase to play with…sit back and enjoy a sip of your bhang…
a 3000 year old aqueous procedure trying to tell you something.

6 Likes

Or better yet just steam distill the thc

1 Like

I haven’t seen that yet.
It would be really cool if you could mount a tiny transducer within a coffee/espresso machine.

Under pressure I can definitely see some extraction efficacy. I was more referring to using a coffee maker which is just gravity fed.

there is some proprietary info I can not disclose.
that paper is instructive.

but yes you will not find your cannabinoids in hot tea.

3 Likes

I’ve made like 2-3 cups of espresso a day for years and I think about this all the time. I’ll let someone else piss their weed away until it’s dialed in though

4 Likes

I can do it with k cups, but it would have an extract already in it

2 Likes

Fuck we got a lot to talk about

2 Likes

Supposedly this thing is a centrifuge.

3 Likes

My nespresso machine extracts while spinning the cartridge at 7000rpm

2 Likes

There are widely available kits to convert espresso machines to PID control with many options for a boiler thermostat. I have one installed on my Rancilio Silvia and it’s got lots of functions like timed extraction, preinfusion with delay etc. There’s a lot of variables you can play with and that kind of setup will probably set you back 3-500 for the machine and a hundred or two for the PID kit.

3 Likes

I’m sort of an expresso nut…
can you link me with the PID controller?

thanx

1 Like

I feel like I lost an IQ point or two reading this thread…

1 Like

They’ve got tons of other controls as well. Sure many people on this site could find this gear useful

Not likely to achieve supercritical water in a espresso machine.

pressurized hot water extraction (PHWE). It is considered a green extraction method. Instead of CO2, water is used under its supercritical form as a solvent that exhibits the same solvability properties as methanol and ethanol [21].

But given that Butane works…

1 Like

Bhang Bhang you’re dead?

No tea for me…

I believe bhang is made with milk, since cows are holy and all

1 Like

The trick is gaining a pH point or six

2 Likes

I think…if my memory serves me…
The south African group did not use super critical h2o.
I) have to check.
With respect to the Bhang…you throw the baby out with the bath water.before resorting to natural mammalian emulsions.

1 Like

Starbucks uses a Buchi chromatography system to develop their brewing process.

It was super cool seeing a chroma column packed with coffee.

2 Likes