YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Link? And tubes?

2 Likes

Look up centrifuge tube filters, it’s like the first real link

3 Likes

What centrifuge matches up with those tubes? Are they all universal?

The capacity of the tube is the size. So those are 50ml tubes. Your centrifuge with then be something like “6x 50ml” which means 6 50ml tubes. There are 10,15,20,50 ml. There aren’t many cheap fuges around so you’ll probably end up with the same one as everyone else.

50 ml tubes hold about 20 grams when loading.

My centrifuge and tubes will be here Tue. Some of my FF diamonds are too terpy so this will make it easier to separate the terps and only add back as little as I need. Looked high and low and no YT vids of anyone actually using this thing.

which fuge did you get?

1 Like

With some help from @TwistedStill and of course @YPSIOIL for starting the thread I pulled the trigger on the Ebay centerfuge and the Amazon tubes

I wanted to try and separate out some terps from hemp live resin to make some personal tasty carts for myself. This was the material. I split it up into six slices like you would a pizza to roughly ensure that each of the six tubes would have about the same shit in them

SOP:

Load each tube with 1.0 g of some super terpy CBD live resin from @AppalachianExtractor

Balance all of the tubes ( i had to add .14g to one of the tubes because of inconsistencies in the tube weights, the rest of the tubes were fine)

Place the tubes in the fuge and slowly increase speed up to 4k RPM. I checked after an hour and this is the separation i got

Ran at 4k RPM for another 3 hours and this is what i got

Pretty exited to load these tubes with about 20x what i did on that run and see what i get.

22 Likes

I love how so many of us are sick of the retail carts being garbage. Worth the effort to learn the chemistry and do it yourself.

Appreciate the photos I’m hoping to get the same done for my CBD extract as well.

8 Likes

The shit I seperated and put into carts is way to thicc I think. @qma any ideas? Hard to get the shit to flow to the intake holes :man_facepalming: I was hoping over night it would flow down but I was highly mistaken. Been hitting it with a heat gun gently but I’m wondering if I can stick the carts in my airfryer on super low for a little bit :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Set the frier to 160f if you can

2 Likes

The eBay fuge and Amazon tubes

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the pics. Hopefully others will post pics of what they have done with this setup.

1 Like

I’ll be updating as i go. this run was more of a “lets see if it explodes” kinda run

150f for a few mins seems to do the trick :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Butane CRC to hot jar tek to the fuge. Then decarbed for carts. I told my wife it looks like cooking up some rocks. She looked confused…so I had to explain how to make crack…the more ya know.

32 Likes

Maui Wowie fresh frozen down to -76c diamonds going in the eBay fuge

9 Likes

4g in 1 tube and balanced the opposite side with water. No need to fill multiple tubes for only 4g. This stuff is super terpy actually too terpy.

8 Likes

Ran for about an hour

Straight Terps:

31 Likes

So I have got roughly 500g of thca sugar that I have separated via the fuge. I bought 500ml of 99% Pentane to try re-crystallization.

My game plan, based off what I’ve read in this thread and others-

10:1 sugar/pentane ratio in a pyrex dish.
-Do I stir to nucleate it? Knowing how volatile pentane is unsure as to what’s a safe/normal interaction with it

Hotplate it for 24/72 hours and watch for re-crystallization.

How tight of a lid/pyrex should be used? One that will create pressure and not pop or a silicone one that can slide off?

Will the pentane and sugar be enough or should I add a small amount of fresh frozen terpenes?

4 Likes

You are going to blow yourself up. Hotplate?
10:1 is way to much. 3:1 and then reduce it.

Edit: ive blown the tops off the jars with pentane sitting in hot water so dont use a hot plate.

5 Likes