YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Set the frier to 160f if you can

2 Likes

The eBay fuge and Amazon tubes

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the pics. Hopefully others will post pics of what they have done with this setup.

1 Like

I’ll be updating as i go. this run was more of a “lets see if it explodes” kinda run

150f for a few mins seems to do the trick :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Butane CRC to hot jar tek to the fuge. Then decarbed for carts. I told my wife it looks like cooking up some rocks. She looked confused…so I had to explain how to make crack…the more ya know.

32 Likes

Maui Wowie fresh frozen down to -76c diamonds going in the eBay fuge

9 Likes

4g in 1 tube and balanced the opposite side with water. No need to fill multiple tubes for only 4g. This stuff is super terpy actually too terpy.

8 Likes

Ran for about an hour

Straight Terps:

31 Likes

So I have got roughly 500g of thca sugar that I have separated via the fuge. I bought 500ml of 99% Pentane to try re-crystallization.

My game plan, based off what I’ve read in this thread and others-

10:1 sugar/pentane ratio in a pyrex dish.
-Do I stir to nucleate it? Knowing how volatile pentane is unsure as to what’s a safe/normal interaction with it

Hotplate it for 24/72 hours and watch for re-crystallization.

How tight of a lid/pyrex should be used? One that will create pressure and not pop or a silicone one that can slide off?

Will the pentane and sugar be enough or should I add a small amount of fresh frozen terpenes?

4 Likes

You are going to blow yourself up. Hotplate?
10:1 is way to much. 3:1 and then reduce it.

Edit: ive blown the tops off the jars with pentane sitting in hot water so dont use a hot plate.

5 Likes

This tek is freaking awesome

28 Likes

Welcome to the club. Its pretty fucking sweet the first time you spin some tubes…

9 Likes

I am still smiling about it haha!

6 Likes

Exactly. I know the feeling.

4 Likes

You try cleaning the tubes yet? I’m kinda assuming I can just soak the filter in some alcohol.

Ive heard you can get up to 3 uses per tube. Personally I’d just wash out the terps and leave the cup and refill. Just make sure they are all within a gram of each other

4 Likes

Yeah, I kept it within the .2g specified.

I’m so small time, I figured I could try to wash it, then if it works I can share my extras with everyone. If I can reuse em a few times, a ten pack would last me forever.

1 Like

Interesting. My manual said 1g±

Just double checked the documentation, it does indeed say .2g. That’s funny, we probably got the exact same thing, but different directions.

2 Likes