XD Titan 20x with Corken T-91 + Hubbell V630T ASME Heater PRICE DROP

Hence the word legitimate right. For the same to be valid the company asme stamp that is on a welded plate typically is required to be domestically located with a full on business license, insurance, bond, etc. This is for the actual asme liability and holding a domestic asme. Some large conglomerate corporations for instance own many over seas asme plants. But those company have a domestic presence in almost every country they opperate or resell in. A half ass site in China stamping bogus asme knowing they don’t exist in America doesn’t make the asme valid.

I’ve got multiple vendors in China that have valid U stamps who do not have domestic presences.

The vessels I buy from them are just as legitimate, and frequently of cleaner construction, than the ones that come from north american manufacturers.

Anyone who wants can look up a company on the ASME website and see if they have an active U stamp.

Most of what you said above is completely irrelevant or wrong. Unless you can point me to an actual reference that says that anything you said isn’t complete bullshit.

Let me guess, Summit sells Super Double Plus Good ASME double certified vessels that even come with extra Patriot points, and you’ve had great experiences with them and would love to advise us of your completely independent review of their Freedom goods?

8 Likes

summit glass is clearly stronger than non-ASME steel, as evidenced by their diamond miner explosion lawsuit

2 Likes

Actually no, sorry to inform you that You’ve been misinformed. The whole deal with asme is the company puts up a bond, liability, and insurance policy that backs the work. Once you get into asme and can use the mark - you have to built to exacting standards. The concept that asme allows buyers to have peace of mind that the guarantee is held with the manufacturer free from defects and failure within opperating parameters. If a failure occurs they are liable. Financially and legally liable. When you buy fake stamped asme or similar from companies that do not exist(in the USA) and if a accident occurs, and you get sued you are stuck holding the stick at the end. That and the customer. You become entirely liable for all damages to hardware, product, and building if the whole place goes. ASMe becomes invalid because the company isn’t in the United States and cannot be held liable for any damage or injury. And you cannot pass a lawsuit over to China, or a Chinese citizen because you need to be a citizen in China and have a claim on domestic soil to be able to sue someone. This is why domestic asme stamps are accompanied by a serial number. If a seller sells bogus overseas asme from companies that do not exist here in the USA and a injury occurs that is considered legally, neglect; and intentional malice for the sole purpose of enrichment. As well as a slew of many other anti trust laws and neglect tort lawsuits. People who have asme shops pay. Incredible amount of money to become asme, retain the asme stamp and insure their work for liability and injury related to failures. The whole point of selling asme products that are up to a certain liability and build standard is to retain the business(sellers) insurance liability requirements. Without that, the insurance can even drop out under you if you or say a seller gets sued for injury or damages from a failure.

Ok so its non issue then? Xtractor Depot is located stateside and have their own in house engineering. Thank you for clarifying.

Anyways, back on topic. System is still up for sale. Might part out if you need a corken or hubbell heater.

2 Likes

You know, I had a music teacher who used to say that in a presentation, if you played a wrong note as part of a large band, you should not immediately change it to the right one as that would be noticed more than a single note that is off pitch in a group.

“Play strong and wrong” in that case he would say.

He’d appreciate your commitment to your cause. But would likely also think you’re an idiot. Because you’re playing solo here.

There is no requirement for a company with an ASME stamp to be located in or have operations in the US.

Oh look, there’s already a thread on the topic of ASME vessels. Maybe you should go educate yourself.

Here’s a fun task for anyone who thinks that connor is maybe not completely full of shit:

Go to the ASME website, search for U-Stamp holders. See if you can find any that are listed solely outside of the United States.

Here’s a hint for the lazy: there are LOTS.

3 Likes

I am interested in this machine. What is the throughput on a 8 hour shift? With the stuff included it is turnkey and ASME ?

1108 in China alone from a quick search

But but but… China bad! Freedom good!

Confused summit noises

4 Likes

Sent you a pm!

2 Likes

Bump!

Damn dawg, looks like it’s hard to resell china junk sold by a company responsible for lab fires with the same junk stainless parts. I’m sorry duders.

1 Like

Your actually correct because I had 2 ASME tanks from a company names HENAN EFFISON. The whole time I’ve been under the impression there good for use for C1D1 Hydrocarbon but the OLCC inspector failed me until I have a certified USA engineer come sign off themselves which literally cost me 22k which is the whole price he’s asking for the system :joy:

I’m licensed and your completely incorrect call the OLCC and speak to a C1D1 inspector I was under the same assumption as you and was proved wrong. Cost me 22k to have a USA engineer come approve the system which is the price of the whole system he’s trying to sell here alone.

1 Like

You’re talking about a peer review on a hydrocarbon system, not ASME approval on the pressure vessels.

Those are two completely different things. No one is field certifying Chinese pressure vessels. Or US ones.

You almost certainly would have had the same problem with the inspector if the vessels were from a US manufacturer.

3 Likes

So what you are saying is you had to bribe the engineer to sign off on a peer review for 22k that usually costs 5-7k

Yea Effison has changed names about a dozen times since the market exploded. They were notorious for supplying the wiper components as well that were leeching heavy metals from the ep.

1 Like

Asme and liability is invalid in the states if it came from over seas and the company does not have a domestic presence and is not insured, liable or regulated as a business in the states.

You keep referring to companies overseas who may or may not build to a asme standard, and the concept is that if someone builds to a asme standard over seas it should be safe here. The problem is traceability and the fact that they know they aren’t held liable so they really don’t care about asme standards. They even cheap out on the metals and welds.

Stop spreading lies about over seas asme. However if you have a system with asme tanks, and you are using 6" all around you can get a peer review by a engineer who goes through the entire setup, valves, hoses etc and can write up a certification. Without traceability that peer review can’t happen. If the vessel are from say apache, on the USA then the inspector would only need the domestic asme stamp and engineering doc from apache. And it’s a automatic sign off on those vessels at least. The engineering validated the asme build to the design and spec. But the engineer for a peer review isn’t liable for signing off a asme vessel as entirely safe. That’s for the manufacturer to do and the stamp they carry with the liability and insurance backing them.

No, I am referring to companies that have approved quality systems under the ASME U-Stamp program.

Vessels built internationally under these programs require inspections when the material arrives, validation of mill test reports, validation that the approved material was used in the construction, weld inspections, and hydrotests.

Which happens to be the same requirements that US and Canadian manufacturers have if stamping vessels with an ASME U-Stamp.

Almost like it has absolutely nothing to do with what country you’re operating in.

3 Likes

Wrong but confused you are.

It doesn’t exactly matter what country asme vessels are made in as long as that company is domestically liable and insured and here as a business. If the companies are over seas and are not reputable to begin with and do not have a ame I can presence with a liable party, then it’s not legit here. For the sake of argument the fact that so many ill equiped and fraudulently presented asme plates go on tanks that would not pass in the USA, is a major problem. And to boot they are simply resold to sellers here who only care about profit margins and or safety. If they cared about safety they would aquire the setups made here in the USA by a reputable and responsible company.

I hate to bring this up, but a really good example of people getting shafted is xtractor depot. He is going through hell right now because he chose profits over safety. Both for his own lab and his customers labs. If his equipment was up to par and entirely built from responsible parties he would have been able to at least shift the hardware liability to his manufacturer. This is impossible since he self certified hardware that was never meant to be certified.

Another example is the amount of lab fires caused in the industry by china gear. It’s like 99.5% of all accidents in our market. You can create a accident even with American gear. That’s usually called user error. Unless it’s a fluke accident. But when stainless welds leak, tubes implode, valves pop off and or hardware exposed to sparks solely based on cheap hardware, well it’s a problem in the industry because it actually happens. We only hear about 1-3% of this problem bc nobody wants to admit they bought cheap shit and caused a lab fire. It’s almost always covered up and the site is dumpstered and rebuilt.

Liability has everything to do with what country you operate in. Americans cannot sue anyone they aren’t a citizen of that country, and they need a domestic claim applied. Foreigners cannot be held liable for any injury, death or accident or even damages, especially by these basic businesses that are borderline neo legit in say china. They know this. This is why they don’t care and they disappear when something happens.