Would you consider this process "solventless"?

Ahhh I see! The clarity had me assuming that there was a different tek being used lol. I’m assuming my isolate just isn’t quit pure enough and the vac is a great idea! Would you still do around 260°F at full vac while melting down the isolate?

Thank you so much for the effort in sharing the knowledge,it truly is. Appreciated!

2 Likes

I think that this is probably fine to consider it solventless. Love the idea

I’ve not played with doing them in the vac oven as I don’t have access to one currently and don’t want to buy one just for this. A dedicated toaster oven is what I use typically.

No, it uses electrostatic precipitation in the condensation process. Then the oil can go straight to distillation since there are no sugars.

1 Like

Terpenes are technically a solvent…

1 Like

I think the real question is. “Is there a difference in terpenes extracted using just ice/water vs hydrocarbon vs CO2?”

1 Like

Absolutely. And it’s not just terpenes. All sorts of other secondary metabolites in the “extract” will vary based on extraction method.

Probably more about strain (“terpene” profile) than extraction method for the purposes of crystallization

Using chromatography to isolate specific cannabis derived co-solvents/anti-solvents is definitely a rabbit hole others are exploring

5 Likes