Worried about my mason jars exploding

Hey yall! Super new extractor here.
I’ve been successful with shatter&distillate.
I’m currently trying to make DIAMONDS, arent we all?

My boss is out of town and heres what i have going on…
I have four mason jars filled with BHO extraction, I off-gassed the mason jars and put them in my dry ice over night with the lid loosely on.
I took them out of the dry ice this morning and transferred them to my vacuum oven (no vac) at about 95 degrees.

There seems to be a lot of pressure still in the jars and I’m worried about them exploding if I leave for the weekend.
Halp?

How much solvent was left when you put them on dry ice?

Upon taking them out of the dry ice. I’d let them come to room temp and let them off gas some of the solvent until they’ve thickened a bit.

Then into the oven

6 Likes

I’m not sure of the measurements exactly but theyre definitely still liquid…
so wait until theyre off gassed more, wait until theyre more of a thick substance, and then put them back in the oven ?

It’ll be liquid just thicker and more viscous like warm honey

Yup take them out and let them off gas some more. Be careful on that initial burp, if there’s to much solvent it could be very volatile.

3 Likes

Ahhh see I feel like its almost to a honey consistency now…
I’m off gassing them a bit more and then back into the oven they go.
I guess I’ll just come in once a day on my weekend to check on them.
I live close lol.

Thank you for your help!!

1 Like

What jars you using?

If you’re at the right consistency, using wide mouth ball jars, the lids might pop up and leak solvent, but you shouldn’t see an explosion

2 Likes

I’m using four 16oz mason jars. the liquid in each jar is about 100ml.

Oh you’re fine. Enjoy your weekend

4 Likes

Lol right basically turn into a expensive volcano diorama. My buddy would throw the jar on the floor after this would happen too… total losses

1 Like

another question would be… how often do i burp it?
I’ve tried looking on future4200 but there seems to be a lot of controversy about this subject.

Don’t burp it until diamond growth has stalled

5 Likes

Affix a prv to a jar lid or dump into a miner is my best advice.

2 Likes

If you’re scared of jars exploding, don’t use them.

Given that you have used them, don’t heat them if you are concerned about the pressure.

You can grow thca crystals at many different temperatures. No pressure is required.

You can even cold crash simply by pulling a vac (recovery pump) and perform your entire crystalization in your recovery pot if you’d like (depends on how hard and when you suck).

Two 1k word substitutes for you.

And

15 Likes