Wire me money scam

So there’s a new old scam going on market. This is what I’m hearing from customers.

China or over seas or such sellers are being banned from PayPal and similar cc merchant services for massive fraud. When they only offer a wiring method and refuse any other payment it means they are going outside of the insured payment method system. What they do is setup a “drain” account and the day the money clears they write themselves a check for supplies and send the money out so you can’t file a claim with bank for fraud, they won’t be able to retrieve it. Then they say it’s 3-4 weeks but end up having to be reminded of your order 8-12 weeks down the road.

The customers I’ve talked to have all told me what they got after pestering the over seas vendors, didn’t even match the sales pics. And not to mention the after service sales for warranty when it broke a hour or two into use…

2 Likes

i got called like 50x inside of 2 days saying my social security number has been suspended… So one day, i just pressed 1 all day and continued to fuck with them all day!

once you press 1 it goes into their system as you can possibly be scammed and they just bombard you with calls!

3 Likes

There’s an awesome video were a guy buys an electric sports car & is delivered a smart car style mini car. Old bait and switch & company is mia. The awesome part is the guys attitude towards the whole situation.

Yea but think about how lanphan and toption and so forth have one or two main sales guys who manage multiple sock accounts with fake office girl pictures and profiles. Kind of creepy.

And I’ve seen about a dozen or so new companies pop up each with 20-30 sales people and sock instagram accounts. They are searching for americans to scam right now and the scammers over seas figured out how stupid cheap extractors are …

2 Likes

I had one guy call me multiple times, and admitted to being a scammer…

2 Likes

One of my staff members became friends with one scammer for the day. He said if you act normal and stay on telle with them for 8 minutes they get paid for that call. So we drag on as many scammer calls as we can so their bosses are forced to pay them even with no scam.

3 Likes

You ever seen the server farms or social media farms in China? Your story reminds me of those scenes. Shelves upon shelves of iPads worked by one person & repeated in 100k sqft space.

3 Likes

i get these dude heated… i put them on hold for like 15 mins…talk to them about bullshit… Im always sitting at my desk so i write down all their id numbers and case numbers for recalling…

When they ask for me to go to the bank…i go on hold even when they say dont… then i say im at walmart getting their cards but im still at home just fucking with them… I have nothing better to do… My kid get a laugh at it too!

9 Likes

I have seen that. I was actually approached at bizcon and in emails numerous times by these groups of people. But they are organizing groups. So the guy you meet is 1/200 dudes in that group that has sqft warehouses with social media influencing scams. I have heard alot of companies pay to add users and followers. To be seen and all. It’s not expensive but when those soc accounts go down or aren’t being maintained you lose 10k followers in a day!

1 Like

Will you meet or beat their prices?

7 Likes

I sent a Nigerian scammer to western union 3 times, each time with a new excuse about what went wrong with the wire transfer. That was a fun day.

7 Likes

i did something similar to a craiglist scammer with checks he sent… He kept on sending checks to me and somehow they kept getting damaged on the way to the bank!

you know you got them when they start calling you and saying you mader chod…LOL

2 Likes

Reminds me of anus laptops:

1 Like

this is funny… I thought i took it far! this guy takes it to a whole other level…LOL that was good…

3 Likes

It is funny messing with them, when they say dont tell anyone what the cards are for. Or “accidentally “ say you bought cards they cant use.

1 Like

i look for walmart giftcard images for the scratch numbers so i can read the cards off…

They were like that card dont work… LOL

2 Likes

Ive done the same thing, just jumble the numbers. They also don’t appreciate tractor supply gift cards, had the cash app guy calling me all kinds of names i have no idea what they were. He finally hung up

1 Like
3 Likes

I just do the same thing I do with annoying bootleg watch/clothing street stands - reverse the roles and try to sell them the same thing they were pushing me to buy. If you act completely serious they get really confused, then annoyed, then avoid you because they likely think you’re crazy. Never fails.

3 Likes

This dude is fucking gold when it comes to fucking with scammers :rofl::laughing:

2 Likes