Wiped Film Parameters

I hate that stopcock with all my heart. Can’t believe it took Pope this long to finally update that.

5 Likes

I can agree on that. The problem is that it’s the closest one to the pump, and has the most volatiles sitting right on top of it. Secondary cold trap might mitigate the impact.

leave the valve open and run tubing to glass adaptor with a flask off that stopcock and some dry ice, it will remove all the volatiles out of the system and stop fucking up the vac.

10 Likes

Not a bad Idea! I’ll have to try that. :ok_hand:t4:

Any one know of what solution to use in my whiped film for the chiller and heaters? I’ve herd for chillers use iso but I’m sure there is something better anyone can help me out?

Syltherm

6 Likes

Thanks. What’s the cost and where would I buy it should we just google it?

Just noticed you have a link lol

It is very expensive, there aren’t a lot of options out there for high heat or deep cold.

1 Like

What would u use @Soxhlet you seem to be in the loop on a lot of things

For the heat exchange fluid your will need a good fluid unfortunately there is no cheap way of filling your system up. When I first started i used acetone in my endocal -85c chillers. Nitrogen was injected into the top cover to keep atmospheric moisture out and prevent a fire. Eventually I bit the bullet and got syltherm xlt. The heat transfer with this fluid is far superior.
I’ll tell you what! There’s nothing like flowing flammable acetone through the jackets of butane tanks! Live life on the edge!

10 Likes

Lmfao your nuts!!! I’ll just listen to the pros and get that stuff thanks bro

Is there a direct link to it? Not even sure what I’m looking at when I hit the other one

This is another company

2 Likes

Thanks brother!

CTS has a new thermal transfer fluid that will encompass the temp ranges of Syltherm as well as Marlotherm SH, is food grade, and comparably priced to the Marlotherm. I think they’re branding it as CTStherm for now. I haven’t run it yet.

2 Likes

I tried doing some Googlin’ and came up empty. Got a link?

That’s a lot of CBG, are you sure it is a correct quantification?

1 Like

I have no reason to doubt it. Iron is pretty reputable.

1 Like