Wiped film and SPD yields discussion (CBD OR THC)

I wasn’t referring to your comment at all. I was talking to Elliot. In just that our SPD makes prettier oil and more potent oil typically more often then our wiper does

Wiper seems like a great investment then

1 Like

It can just do a full short path runs worth of material every hour and a half instead of twice a day on my short paths lol

1 Like

id rather go slow and get a better color and potency… how much did that wiper cost? for the same price how many SPD could you run at the same time??

3 Likes

I think this really comes down to if you’re separating the heads fraction or not. If you’re separating

Think maybe you meant “SPD had” here.

1 Like

This came out a wiper.

12 Likes

Sexy…

2 Likes

Lol ohhh ya

That logic doesn’t quite work because for instance in a 8 hour shift a wiper can do what it takes 8 short paths 12 hours to do. And that’s atleast 3 techs to run those AND the hours and hours of cleaning tear down assembly and all the ancillary work. The 8 spds would be like half the price or a little more then that but solid 35-60% cheaper depending on which ones and the price of the wiper

1 Like

Well then learn to get your number up brah.

:joy::rofl::joy:

Nice work! I’ve got 99% on 1st pass wiper before. Easier to do with THC because the average quality of the crude is a lot higher.

2 Likes

That’s the major issue

Crude quality is the major issue?

2 Likes

Ya. Cbd crude quality is so much shittier then thc and the quality is ALLL over the place between vendors

1 Like

All the more reason to make it yourself and never worry about the quality. I never had issues making high quality crude from hemp. I thought you were making it yourself @Siosis. Not extracting anymore?

2 Likes

Nah no time these days

Even though it sounds like it’s costing you time?

1 Like

Anyone saying SPD makes more potent oil than WF please stop. How the crude is treated affects your final product.

My process reliably puts out >99% TAC oil on a wiped film that is just about as clear as I want it to be. I have found absolutely water clear THC to want to oxidize very readily. Leaving a tiny bit of color seems to mitigate this.

7 Likes

Question, when you say first pass does that include a devolitization pass or literally put the oil in the machine once and it’s done?