Winterizing with 190 denatured

You really should use a digital micron level gauge rather than an analogue pressure gauge. There is way too much play in the analogue pressure gauges… -30"Hg could mean 200 microns or 20,000 microns… which are very different when it comes to vacuum distillation!

Yes, any evaporation (including the cannabinoids) causes cooling, but you’re right on the money with residual solvent causing evaporative cooling. The more volatile, the faster it evaporates, the faster it cools. You can think of every molecule as a little packet of thermal energy or heat, so as they leave the solution, they take the heat with them.

4 Likes

Thanks dude! So I’m on a new issue right now and I’m going to make another post so maby it reaches some more people. I just changed my mantel to a 4 prong from a 3 prong 20 amp 220 plug. It worked great at home on the 3 prong but now I’m trying the 4 prong on my generator eu7000. The mantel is taking for ever to heat up. I’m confused if it’s my mantel that operates on 220 at 50hz an my genny is at 220 60hz. It works it’s just taking a long time to heat up compared to normal.

A generator is a a horrible way to run sensitive equipment, especially with all the power spikes.
You may want to look into a way to filter that power.
https://www.whenshtf.com/threads/37043-What-can-be-used-to-quot-clean-up-quot-generator-power-for-sensitive-electronics

2 Likes

Ya I hate using generators but we are off the grid with solar and generators here and first time setting up the spd here. It works it’s just taking Forever to heat up compared to bein at home. It’s an eu7000 generator which is pretty high quality so I assumed it would be ok.

If your doing solar a large battery bank and transformer will smooth out the peaks.

1 Like

Ya we got a large bank but unfortunately we need more haha I’m workin on building a power wall of 18650s just time.

1 Like

Yes, @Soxhlet is correct about needing to filter the power. You also need a frequency inverter to switch up to 60Hz from 50Hz. You can break equipment in short order by running low voltage or incorrect power.

1 Like

I got it workin today :slight_smile: busy next few days with lots of work to do!

2 Likes

It will absolutely work for winterization. We denature the product with lab grade Heptane. If youre looking for filtration media and don’t want to be taken advantage of let us know and we will direct you to one of our countless distributors. DT Hydro caries all the filtration medias as well and is most likely your best resource as they have one of the best extraction techs we know of. ask for Balazs.

2 Likes

Not cheap knock off product… We just don’t take advantage of our customers. We provide the best product on the market for the most reasonable prices unlike most.

Get at us if you need any prices and info
Office 424-331-5441
info@irislabsolutions.com

1 Like

We sell most of the products you do but on a larger scale for better prices. We white label for clients if you’d like a better supplier.

Sales@Carbon-Chemistry.com

1 Like

Thats funny we are a very large chemical supplier and have been for 17 years. everything we purchase is by the tanker, however our Los Angeles facility could drop ship all you’re orders at no additional cost. Give us a call or shoot me an email.

Albert@irislabsolutions.com

1 Like

BVV sells your absorbents for a ridiculously high price. I would love to compare solvent prices as well. Hopefully you’ve gotten high margins like that for 17 years…we charge much closer to production cost and will continue to do so.

Sales@carbon-chemistry.com

2 Likes

Again funny… all of our filtration media is 50-70 percent lower cost than what you offer. Again if you need help you can get at us. I see your customer Colombo Labs is out of stock for 3 weeks on the Cbleach. He have thousands of pounds and could help you out of a pinch

1 Like

Ah, you are late to the game. ColumboLabs hasn’t worked with us for over 3 months. You will notice all our other retailers are fully stocked because we have truckloads of all the products we offer.

I will gladly beat any pricing you offer your clients. Thank you for being a good sport. What is your URL so I can see the part of your company that is 17 years old?

Edit: never mind, I see your website was made in 2018 and still needs to be completed as some product descriptions still haven’t been added.

3 Likes

Funny guy you seem threatened…

Site is alsacorp

That’s only one big guy

2 Likes

There’s probably some truth to that.

You’ve stepped into a niche that has been relatively low on full spectrum competition and has required a lot of effort(years of work) to develop.

Its a relatively new experience in this form, cheers.

We’ll be seeing a lot of each other over the next few years.

1 Like

For a small timer, who has the cheapest 5 gallon shipped? Right now 710 spirits appears to have 5-gallon jugs shipped for 130 I know it’s not much volume but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands of small timers like me looking for the cheapest good qualityI know it’s not much volume but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands of small timers like me looking for the cheapest good quality heptane denatured ethanol. Sorry for my grammar I’m using speech to text

1 Like

Ya balaz was the one who helped us haha

What filter media do you suggest?