Winterizing terp fraction?

Like 150g they hatch hold about 27g

We see this on dry material as well, not just fresh frozen. What you’re seeing stuck at the bottom is almost pure thca. You may have some fats present if you scrape up the tiny bit of hte with it. I’m sure they’re still present in the hte you poured off as well.

2 Likes

Run some live terps at 70 for an hour in the fuge. Your gonna get more “thc-a”, not saying it’s not thc-a. But you can spin the fats out ez.

Just ordered one of those can’t wait to get it

2 Likes

Be warned.

“The spacers where not included in the original box so it’s not even useable out the gate. Then they sent the spacers and they didn’t fit. Sent another time and still didn’t fit so I had to fix them myself to fit”

The thing is insanely bad ass though.

2 Likes

Oh they had me caliper every angle of that jar and send them pictures. Hopefully they will fit without issues. Thanks for the heads up though. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

IIRC there is a solid phase, solvent free, separation based on freezing point called fractional freezing.

2 Likes

If it’s their standard size bucket and you’re going to use wide mouth pint jars, make sure they don’t rattle. The vibration will break the jar.

I wonder if these would work for the wide mouth jars

3 Likes

I want to get some custom beer cuzi style things made to fit my jars in the fuge perfectly.

Hopefully the inserts they are making will fit the jars correctly

1 Like

That would be very helpful. A buddy had a few tribulations in his first efforts.

I can model some to make out of TPU(flexible 3d printer filament)

3 Likes

I’ll do some test runs first with no product in the jars. Would be a bummer to have one break

1 Like

Dm me if you don’t mind

1 Like

The pics of the batters you got from the mechanical separation looks very similar to what I’m getting. Is the batter in the pic dewaxed? Why do you think it has this consistency?

2 Likes

Thca smaller than 25 micron. And I ran cold enough to not pick up a vast majority of the fats

4 Likes

Please link me to this meta verse post you made? Hahaha It’s been a lot more reading with troller comments and such I’ve been realizing at times lol. I’ll keep searching though. Thank you for all the help over the time.

Check the post below the one you responded to.

Not a how to. More of a hint. Not a trick I recommend you try if that hint doesn’t make it clear how to perform it without the jars…

1 Like

Just let them settle out, with time you will get a clear fraction on top in a normal freezer.

1 Like