Winterizing terp fraction?

First of all make sure you have the acetone/pentane ratio right
If any have a bit more pentane in solution to purge the acetone

100%. What temp would you think to winterize the ace/pen combo at -30?
And the post purge vac/temp?

Anyone use methanol/pentane? Chilled?

A cheap $500 benchtop centrifuge will seperate the fat/wax/lipids way easier in way less time. With no solvent cost. Just saying.

3 Likes

There are fun ways to do this, yes

1 Like

But what if the TERP fraction free of fats/waxes and pentane is the goal?

We are specifically looking to free the TERP fraction of fats/waxes pentane.

1 Like

I can teach you the magic ways

I am so confused. If you have a terp fraction. You can mechanically seperate/winterize it easily and cheap I’m a centrifuge.

1 Like

you’re not a centrifuge, I’m a centrifuge!

22 Likes

Everyone stop being so centrifugie

7 Likes

The centrifuge will mechanically separate the THCa that has crystallized in the “crude” yes.

The fats/waxes still remain in the centrifuged liquid (ie: terp fraction, unless I’mgetting the semantics wrong). We want to remove the fats and waxes from the centrifuged liquid, hence winterize the pentane/terp liquid then remove the pentane as much as we can with sacrificing lots of terps. We realize that some (terps) will flash off from a purge but were trying to minimize this

2 Likes

The diamonds we initially crash, test at between 85% to 94% ThcA depending on if we fast sugar crash or slow controlled big facet quality. That said, pretty sure the fats waxes are in the liquid still

2 Likes

Is your terp portion cloudy or something? Mine come out super clear so I never really thought this was needed…

You can continue to spin your terp fraction in the centrifuge and your fats wax and lipids will sit/stick to the bottom. You can pour off the terps and rinse and repeat if needed. Most diamond/sugar runs have a good amount of CRC and not alot make it through, but even when you spin to separate thc-a, you should have a healthy amounts of fats at the bottom of they are in fact their. Are you spinning hot? Are you scraping the data off the bottom when you retrieve the orginal terp fraction?

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s thick and fatty . Viscosity will tell as well as taste

2 Likes

A thicker terp fraction has more minors typically.

4 Likes

Yes, that could be the case or even d9

2 Likes

Most of the time mine come out like this. Unless it’s old material. Old material I get the thicker shit some times. But they never really get cloudy for me.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, think I figured it out. Our fuge is a filtering type where you line the inside perforated drum with whatever micron fabric then load with the sugar/diamonds/sauce and spin. The force pushes the liquid past the dimes, fabric and holes and out to the discharge spout (video below)
The fuge I think your mentioning is a decanting type (or whatever it’s called) where you can spin the entire solution for as long as you want. Kinda like the ones they use for blood.

Super, super big help sir! Really appreciate the time to post. :pray::pray::pray:

7 Likes

How can you separate fat or lipids from terps in a centrifuge?

Edit:
I see your spinning terps.

2 Likes