Winterizing terp fraction?

I’m thinking that his fuge just isn’t running low enough micron…. Thus the infected semen look to it…

4 Likes

My electric bill looking like that towel from south park

5 Likes

that’s my take too…

3 Likes

Hahah no. I have not.

Pentane will work fine for winterization but it’s going to take away from your terp profile

4 Likes

so skip winterization and distill nice and low?

preferably with a hacked together kugelrohr?!?

1 Like

Yup have 20kgs of spun sauce that has been sitting for about 30 days and has quite a bit of THCa settling to the bottom. Probably going to have to spin it again.

2 Likes

Agreed, we have a little corser fabric for the sake of through put. Definitely contributes to quite small THCa passing through. The 30 day fuge’d liquid that’s been sitting has crystals quite a bit larger that the porosity of the fabric. Seems to confirm that we are getting more growth in the sauce liquid post fuge by way of crystallization by the seed effect of the THCa fines passing through the fabric, room temp fluctuations and saturation level perhaps increasing over time.

Oh and with the fuge running it slightly warms up and the pre-fuge’d sugary sauce is NOT fully purged of all solvent so the milky…ish look is bubbles

2 Likes

What micron are you filtering down to before spinning the terps? This was spun through a 5 micron bag, and I always have a bit of thca stuck at the bottom. @vortal

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s thc-a? Have you had it tested?

I never end up with fats and wax in my terps unless its fresh frozen, and dosent go over the CRC.

You can most definitely spin them out, it doesn’t takes days. Same way they get hemoglobin out of blood.

2 Likes

This was only spun for 45 min, and seemed pretty obvious to be thca.

I’m not saying it isn’t possible, just trying to better understand your process.

I’ll scrape some up and see what I can find.

What is the porosity of the fritted disc of those centrifuge tubes?

Pretty sure they are 5 micron

Thumbs up to whom is gona spin clean 20Kg of thc-a on a tabletop fuge :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I have 1 preferred sop and 2 alternatives. This is easy shit mane

You should see my homies new fuge. Does 8 ball jars with special frits. Thing is fucking baller. Like 4 kilos an hour easy.

4 Likes

O I am sure a Becker fuge can be made to do 8 liters per run yust don t think a frit jar that size comes cheap and that x 8

5 micron bag? Like a rosin bag attached to one of the tubes?

1 Like

What make fuge your baller pal have Vortal ?

Yes, folded over the top and secured with the lid.

1 Like