Wilting and yellowing

“running well water with lots of calcium, pH around 6.7-6.8.”

Do you pH your runoff? If so, what is your runoff pH?

Tbh the calcium found in your well water doesn’t have much bioavailability as far as your plants are concerned. I recommend supplementing with chelated sources of calcium and magnesium and maybe switching water sources to something without the high ppms often found in well water.

3 Likes
1 Like

and dirt plants like 6.5 hydroponics more towards 5.5 otherwise even if they have food it is not bio-available to the roots that’s lockout and that is where “bennies” or beneficial fungus and bacteria help establish a healthy rhizosphere and help the roots ability to feed and make more nutrients bio-available and prevent dehydration and disease. the fungus on the roots can actually increase the ability to feed by up to 1000% do you know Paul Stamets

3 Likes

Agreed. A high enough ppm of calcium will start to block out other nutrients.

1 Like

pesticide drift vs genetic drift.

…and technically the “drift” you’re referring to is not in fact genetic drift, but somaclonal variation

1 Like

Interesting. I believe that the only losses with cloning might be vigor but as @Demontrich point out. We have been running clones of clones of clones for the past 30yrs and I see no difference in the strains.

3 Likes

I’d suggest that there are strain specific differences that might explain your observations.

@Demontrich is on point with the “stress” connection… a Nobel prize was given for investigating the relationship between stress and genome rearrangements https://www.pnas.org/content/109/50/20200

5 Likes

I can tell a night and day difference from tissue culture clones versus regular clone off clone . The difference is in the finished product i source my genetics from a couple sources one who does tissue culture and one who doesn’t for me the results are clear . Both sources make the best clones available its not the quality of the clone they are both as healthy as can be . The finished product is always way more frosty and terpy from tissue culture as well as the plants overall growth and vigor . There is a reason why my friends who do not do tissue culture want to get their strains banked and refreshed it is totally worth it especially with old classic strains that are still keepers . Its almost like the difference between seed plant vs clone imo

1 Like

Do you have COA’s that show more resin production from a clone vs TC? I studied TC for a while and the “refresh” concept has no backing. What the scientist from Isreal explained about the benefits from TC come from taking cells from seed grown plants.

1 Like

No but maybe by the end of the year i will be able to provide some results . My goal is to tissue culture platinum og by the end of the year . I have a lot of friends who only grow platinum and they have coas from prior years . My friends been working with the same phenotype for 20 years and its very weak and sensitive but still performs well in a really stable good environment when properly cared for. He is actually retiring this year so a personal goal of mine is to help connect my friends to get this strain tissue cultured and banked . They have been trying for years but all the deals go south or do not work out . This is just from experience in my personal gardens . You have never noticed a really amazing strain loose its special touch after a few rounds of clone off clone ? I personally notice a difference in resin production just from doing clone from clone once .

My darlins net (Dan’s buds personal pheno) which I’ve had for nearly 5 yrs is still 100% dank as the day I got her. Same with my chaos, cherry pie.

3 Likes

No, this is why I asked you for a COA as it would be best if we saw the numbers to prove this. There are a few people here in Cali that are running banks for growers. I ran a Platinum OG in CO about 5yrs ago that was a beast. Shoot me a DM and I will see if I can help you get it banked.