Will semisynthetic and synthetic cannabinoids be prohibited in future?

As stated above the CSA applies only to MJ extracts.

The analogue act is part of the CSA

This is right out of the act itself.

(14) The term “isomer” means the optical isomer, except as used in schedule I(c) and schedule II(a)(4). As used in schedule I(c), the term “isomer” means any optical, positional, or geometric isomer. As used in schedule II(a)(4), the term “isomer” means any optical or geometric isomer.

D8 is a geometric isomer of THC, whether its taken from hemp or from MJ, or its completely synthetic

Again, a judge has to decide that, you could be right but they could argue numerous other things that it’s up in the air enough to be a risk.

1 Like

Read what’s circled

It basically negates your point…

Maybe, but what if they say d8 is structurally close enough to d9 to be included in the .3 limit?

1 Like

This is how it will go down.

If KIng is right…whoever is the lucky shit who gets caught first will get off. Everyone else is screwed.

If not, it’s already illegal and treat it as such.

1 Like

Then you show them the definition of hemp, which they cant debate.

Delta 8 isnt mentioned anywhere in the definition of hemp

Read the bottom star 5

That an exemption from drug code 7370 which makes isomer of d9 illegal

1 Like

This is one of those things one could argue endlessly because we can’t decide the outcome.

Only a judge can, it’s either risk it and see what happens or don’t.

It’s a personal business decision that needs careful consideration as there’s been no official clarification from the feds

2 Likes

Yet. Remember the law is not black and white. It’s is interpreted

2 Likes

Please also note it’s been stated they can easily amend or make new laws once sale becomes mainstream and a judge rules in its favor

2 Likes

This is why pharma will be given isolate :wink:

2 Likes

I think the law states clearly enough that isomers derived from hemp are legal if below 0.3 d9, and the OHA told me that was correct as well. I’m more concerned about the political fallout than prosecution of the current operators.

3 Likes

What about USDA regs? Did they not combine them all together? Or just the carboxylate form?

Its just delta 9 and thc a

1 Like

ugh my heads about to explode. At least i feel like CBN is clear. D8 i just don’t have the energy to argue anymore. I personally think it could easily be interpreted as illegal but thats just me. I certainly would not be selling it in an illegal state myself, especially for consumption, even if it was derived from industrial hemp. But thats just me. I don’t want to personally find out in court.

Anyway thanks everyone who contributed to this conversation, ill try not to bring it up again anytime soon, but I’ll probably keep following it.

7 Likes

Didn’t want to derail this but I see that didn’t really matter since it just circled back to where it was when I last looked, so…

Best JRE episodes

1. Grahamn Hancock
  2. Joel Salatin
  3. Dr. Rhonda Patrick
  4. Sam Harris
  5. Paul Stamets
  6. Jordan Peterson & Bret Weinstein
  7. Jocko Willink
  8. Dan Carlin
  9. Mike Tyson
4 Likes

He needs to bring on Robert Edward Grant. That would be one of the most paradigm shifting pieces of media ever.

What is a “polymath”?

Alchemist.

1 Like

Once you understand the univrsal ratios in which this world is governend by…you understand that interconnectedness between all subject matter. Math to music to chem. Same book differnt chapter.

3 Likes