Why wont my ice water hash yield any oil after pressing?

Yield .3g rosin from 5g hash input

I was told the material was cured, i did no investigating. I am now curious as to if it is being dried quick for market im going to check it through a scope

1 Like

Try going higher with temp. Sometimes I need over 190 to get bubblehash to push out quickly and not risk blowing a bag waiting 10mins for it to melt. If I werent a noob id post some pics of presses I did at 195-200

3 Likes

I will try this out with a 5g bag

Please report back! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have a microscope to inspect your glands?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Now i know why my rosin yields were shit, i see mostly non bulbous trichomes

5 Likes

Yeah I see like a single head in there. Was this material already processed with hydrocarbons, or sifted? Only way i can imagine you would only have stalks.

2 Likes

This was from an indoor grown hydro setup. Its nug trim from the strain powdered donuts. About 6 wks from chop to me.

Scope the trich heads for confirmation

3 Likes

Kind of looks like knf imo2

2 Likes

commercial press

bingo

nah man, I ran it with CO2 and got 13%, and then made bubble hash…

1 Like

if you are only getting 13% back from separated heads there is something wrong there.

2 Likes

I have the longs peak. I’vehad to push temps up to 220F on some batches to get a decent yield. If the bud is sticky, it’s going to press nicely, but if the buds break down to a dust it’s gonna have problems, ime

4 Likes

What sort of problems? Blowouts?

has nothing to do with the freeze dryer. that psi seems ridiculously low. assuming you’re using their smallest 2x3 bag you’re gonna want atleast 600psi. If they blow out get rozn inc 2.5 x 4.5 bags and hit 1800psi, double layered they never blow out on me. remember you want to fill the bags to the proper weight to get the psi properly spread