Why is there so little variety in curing cannabis?

This is an article about how green tea is made into black tea. Seems like it could be easily transferred to weed and maybe make something good:

@Thetetraguy had a good point about leaves vs. flowers. Which brings another question to mind. Maybe cannabis leaves dried w/ tobacco methods could make a tasty smoke that could be useful as an herbal/non-intoxicating smoke for people who like that kind of thing. With perhaps a very minor effect from low thc content.

1 Like

Stuff on the left is Vietnam Black, was a very tasty strain

4 Likes

I meant like black like @future and @Curious_Roberto meant, how they look after washing.

Edit, unless that is water cured??

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the tried and true like @Demontrich and @BG305 are saying, but I’m not disputing your thread at all, the opposite really. There’s a reason these methods exist, it’s because someone somewhere has success with them.

And if my friend from back then said they could make not so awesome stuff a little better I imagine there’s some potential, right?

2 Likes

This was cob cured. Untrimmed so it’s not pretty. Last picture is the final dried material. Fermented at about 120 F for 48 hours then aged in cold dark underground for three months, in the vacuum sealed bag. Air dried slowly after it’s unwrapped. Smokes incredibly smoothly, leaves no carbon (black) residue in your pipe whatsoever, the ash is completely white. No harshness on the throat. Also orally active so can be chewed, which is interesting. I really love this way of curing and have developed scaled up ways to do it. Excited to expand on it this season.

22 Likes

I once traded a gram or so to the local convenience store guy for some late night snacks and beer cuz I was broke, figured it was a safe bet; there were hookahs for sale on the candy rack.

Next day time I went in there he gave me a little plastic to-go container of the sickest stickiest home made tobacco. It was wet but made luscious thick clouds, and was hands down the best tobacco product I’ve ever had…

Had to throw the bong away tho after lol

2 Likes

Nice, very interesting! I will have to try that with part of my personal grow next time. What did you wrap it in, corn husks?

That is so awesome. Can you compare contrast to a traditional cure on the same strain?

Na. Wasn’t water cured, just a cool strain with nice terp profile

The legend I’ve heard told is that the tek was based on “sea weed”. ie bales that washed up on the beach. not sure if it was east or west coast.

2 Likes
1 Like

Any one heard of “apple jacking” in an oven. Guy I did buisness with 20yrs ago was doing this in his oven with some zona. He said it “made it better”. I said it was still reggie Bush at the end of the day.

4 Likes

I scorched some thc distillate and probably made some Cbn. I ended up with a 1st pass distillate that tasted like vaped weed. Like when you know you’ve got maybe 1 last hit in the vape before its toast. I kind of liked the taste but I couldn’t dull the taste

Wish I had pictures of it finished

7 Likes

8-10 weeks flower time and you do this (above posts) to your end product?

N
A
S
T
Y

6 Likes

If all you are growing is one jar worth of buds, I would be too afraid to experiment with anything as well.

8 Likes

Is anyone marketing cbd or cbg flower that has been water cured? People buy on looks and smell, so it might be a hard sell, but it would at least be different.

It’s definitely not the move for terps. Honestly, idk what it would even be good for… I’m the type that likes to learn things the hard way.

8 Likes

I used to water cure material from time to time, pretty sure I posted my sop somewhere around here. Anyways @Future is right, it fucks with the terp profile, more so on fruity/sweet type flavors, funky and dank flavors like cheese or skunk still come through pretty well. The smoke is wayyyy smoother but be prepared to lose 85% of the wet weight. The stuff that comes out in the first few days of water cure is nasty. The only advantage to it is that it’s ready to smoke 7-8 days after harvest.

3 Likes

Water cure sounds kinda perfect for a preroll situation or a pack of joints. Smooth and strong.

Then just harvest terps from your terp water and back add it into your concentrates from that batch from the trim and small nugs.

Bing bang boom. You’re a millionaire.

2 Likes