Why is the glass TH2 by CCELL still a popular cartridge design?

Hey guys,

I’m trying to understand why some people still prefer the glass twist-on tip style like the TH2 from CCELL.

From an operations perspective, it would seem that a more efficient capping method that can be used like the M6T by CCELL or the Eazy Press by AVD would be preferred.

However, I still see some major brands like RAW Garden and Trulieve still use the threaded twist design. Thoughts?

1 Like

Probably because they are already set up for twist on vs press on in their equipment, or they just havent needed to switch.

Screw on is going away more and more everyday, I have heard recently the twist on carts are no longer considered child proof as they can be unscrewed and the contents can be consumed.

The only reason i would think screw on would stay around is because it can be capped by hand without the need for a press but thats more for the small operations or at home ops

6 Likes

100% - no reason to retool, retrain, and repurchase.

I buy things in BULK - I make changes really slowly. And I’m not as big as those guys - as big as I am, I don’t want to switch styles - that leads to complications in my process validation and a whole new slue of potential errors that I have to track down and correct.

Validated works better for me. That means not changing unless the PRICE has an excellent ROI. :smiley: Or if the current method is UNSAFE and a new SAFER method comes out. Then I go safer - but this is not an example of “safer” tek IMO.

4 Likes

Highly preferred at scale. The workflow becomes immensely easier and less error prone.

I’ve found that those reluctant to update are largely echoing the same thoughts as @Cassin. At scale things move slowly, and are reluctant to change. Many long-operating brands invested in training / tooling before more modern approaches were validated and seen to work at scale.

The unknown is scary :slight_smile:

7 Likes

it’s not scary, it just needs validated… :shushing_face:

I use screw top carts for 2 reasons:
they cap quick with the vape bit ( workers prefer twist on )
We try to fill our carts 110% full so occasionally I have to send a cart back for topping off. Can’t do that with a press seal.

3 Likes

It is interesting you mention that…

There are two main complaints that customers have had regarding our Eazy Press cartridges that are a low-torque press-fit design for capping:

1. Not enough gap for filling and 2) Not being able to access the tank once capped because it is locked. We actually have a modification coming out with our Eazy Press that actually creates a locking system for efficient capping and CR requirements, but also has an unlocking function for testing labs that need to re-open the carts when accessing the oil for testing or for a customer that wants to re-open to re-fill.
6 Likes

I’m very interested in this modification

I think a big reason why people don’t want to switch to the press on carts is the fact that it requires all new equipment in order to work. The capping solutions I’ve seen from a few companies now like vape jet, atg and thompson duke all cost a lot of money. Yes they can cap 50-100 carts at once. But in my opinion spending thousands on a machine that can do that is a waste when you already have spent money on machines for twist capping

2 Likes

Will the Vape Bit break glass cartridges? Is anyone even using glass anymore?

I think you meant….

Is anyone even using plastic anymore?

Glass is the standard and screw tops are going away because they can be considered non child resistant.

2 Likes

Just so you know. The new modified carts are now available for limited testing. If you’re interested, let us know.

1 Like